1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Gen 5 2023 Toyota Prius cars show up at the dealers!

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Gokhan, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Growing up in a house with a view of the port, I used to watch Ro–Ros carrying "TIR"s come and go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roll-on/roll-off

And TIR used to be the name for freight trucks in Europe, perhaps not so much anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TIR_Convention

Louis19 and HoustonEvolution like this.
  2. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Good point< Tesla itself does adjust the MSRP. However, I prefer those adjustments to finding dealer markups and needing to hunt for different dealers to find the one with the smallest markup.

3. dbstoo

dbstoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    In this scenario, Tesla IS not setting a MSRP (manufacturer suggested retail price). It's not a suggestion. Tesla is the only one setting the price, and they have no competition selling their product.

I prefer a seller who will deliver the product as promised at the agreed upon price.

4. kaszuky

kaszuky New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    This could be the newest batch. The vessel just arrived this morning and is current moored at the Long Beach port.
    upload_2023-3-30_15-32-59.png

Gokhan likes this.
  5. HoustonEvolution

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Cool. So whats the plan? Do we do a coordinated sneak in at 3am and lay claim to the one we want? I can just imagine someone finding one, running up to it and licking the windshield and yelling "its mine!"

mountaineer and Gokhan like this.
  6. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I think there is pretty tight security at the port. LOL

7. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    If this Ro–Ro is actually carrying Toyotas, it should have the first Gen 5 Prius Prime PHEVs coming to America on it.

That said, there still have been no new Gen 5 Prius HEVs or Prius Prime PHEVs on the Toyota inventory site for two months now.

8. kaszuky

kaszuky New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Yeah, the inventory on the website keeps decreasing as the pending vehicles sold. Maybe new stocks got sold right away when dealers get their allocations, so they don't list it on the website.

Gokhan likes this.
  9. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    It is possible, but I doubt it. Although, Longo Toyota's presold allocations never show in the inventory.

kaszuky likes this.
  10. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Different dealers do it different ways. My dealer leaves the car up with no notation even if there's a pending sale or it's already allocated to someone.* Other dealers leave the listing up but mark it as sale pending if it's spoken for. Still others completely remove the listing if the vehicle is spoken for.

*My dealer has been allocated five so far and all five are still up(none have been delivered yet). And I know they have a waiting list, so some or all of them are spoken for.

kaszuky likes this.
  11. kaszuky

kaszuky New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Asked my dealer about the waiting list status, I was at #20 in the waiting list on February 27, and is at #15 today. They have been allocated 5 slots so far for the last month but didn't list it. They also confirmed that they will received a new allocation this week.

At least from my experience, no new inventory doesn't always mean that the thing is slowing down. So be optimistic that you will get your soon : ).

12. kaszuky

kaszuky New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    And this could be the upcoming batch, ETA: April 17.
    upload_2023-4-3_11-34-10.png
    vesselfinder_com / vessels/details/9272890

Gokhan likes this.
  13. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    That would put the first US Prius Prime PHEV deliveries in late May if not mid-May.

Conveniently, my 30-month CVRP-rebate holding period for my 2021 Prius Prime will be fulfilled on May 16, and I won't have to pay a prorated amount back when I trade it in.

14. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Still none, as far as I know, in Colorado...they are coming in but 100% pre-sold before arriving. I'm not sure if dealers are adding anything to the MSRP because the last two salesmen I worked with no longer work at Toyota....sad.

15. HoustonEvolution

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I obviously cant speak for all TX dealerships but afaik, all cars come to Southern States Toyota (the distributor), and dealer addons are added there before they ever get to the dealership. I was on a waiting list and received a call that a car w/ desired config arrived and was in process at Southern States. The notification list was being notified. It was first come first served race to the dealership from that point. I was the first that showed up, ready to pay and got mine from the Boerne dealership.

ColoradoBoo likes this.
  16. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Kaszuky, have any idea how to track Toyota Ro-Ro (in particular for Prius) to Europe, using marinetraffic.com or else?

17. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Heard that it might be the distributor adding stuff there, without a say from the dealer.

Several posters in that region traveled to the Northeast to get the old PP. Will probably be an option again once the availability numbers improved.

18. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just checked our Colorado dealers, looks like they are adding just under $1,100 to the MSRP for fluffy stuff...I'd fight to get that removed, delivery fees and processing stuff is included in the MSRP Toyota gives to the dealer....so why pay them twice for the same thing?

19. kaszuky

kaszuky New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I just randomly search (vesselfinder_com) departure and arrival vessels at the ports that I believe they have something to do with Toyota Logistic Service. Look for the RoRo or Vehicle Carrier vessel types sailed under Japanese flag. Then look into its status (Destination, route...). Those are just my speculations. Toyohashi and Nagoya are two major ports that close to the Prius manufactory in Japan.

mountaineer likes this.
  20. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Yes, a new batch has been started to be processed by Toyota Logistics Services, Inc, at the Port of Long Beach.

There are already two Gen 5 Prius Prime PHEVs shown in the inventory: a silver SE and a black XSE—both in the Los Angeles/Orange Counties:

Toyota inventory | New-Toyota inventory search

Translation: The first Gen 5 Prius Prime PHEVs will be available at the dealers as early as late April if not earlier.