1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Hybridfest to be held in Madison, Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by ericbecky, Apr 14, 2006.

1. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This was on the front page of today's Captial Times, Madison's afternoon newspaper.

First hybrid car fest to be held here
    July 22 event coincides with Dane County Fair

By Jeff Richgels

"There probably isn't a more appropriate venue than Madison for an event celebrating hybrid vehicles.
    Madison, which by some accounts has the highest per person ownership of hybrid vehicles in the country, will be the site of "Hybridfest 2006" on July 22 at the Alliant Energy Center, in conjunction with the Dane County Fair.
    The event is so grass-roots you can almost smell the fresh clippings: The five organizers are volunteers with no ties to the industry beyond being hybrid owners."

"That's the neat thing," said Bill Robbins, one of the organizers. "All we really are is five hybrid enthusiasts locally who have found each other and said, 'Let's create this event.' "

"What we want to do is have a single event where every possible hybrid car is found and where regular people who don't have hybrids can stop by and see what these things look like and talk to hybrid owners," Robbins said.

Read more here

2. walt

walt New Member

Bel Air, MD, USA -=- Blair, Merlin, Merka
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There you go, Galaxee! Now you have an excuse to get back to Dairyland.

3. RonH

RonH Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    "There have been smaller meetings but nothing on the scale of Hybridfest," Robbins said. "You would think it would be in San Francisco before it would be in Madison. The answer is it just takes a group of committed enthusiasts or fanatics to make it happen and this is where we happen to be."

Didn't they learn anything from the perfect smug storm devastating SF and South Park? One smug cloud drifting in from Edina could wipe out the whole place.

4. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walt @ Apr 14 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]239861[/snapback]</div>
    It sounds like Galaxee is going to be in the Dairyland just prior to Hybridfest, but can't stay long enough to enjoy the fun.

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    galaxee is very sad that she and DH will miss it by mere days!!!

btw, is smart motors really that big of a place? we've never been there.

6. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Apr 14 2006, 07:18 PM) [snapback]239943[/snapback]</div>
    Living here I guess I've never thought of Smart as being any bigger than any other dealer. I mean their lot looks like any other car lot, but apparently they sell a lot of hybrids.

7. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RonH @ Apr 14 2006, 05:37 PM) [snapback]239899[/snapback]</div>

:lol: Great humor!!! :lol:

:eek: Wait! Smug cloud from Edina to Madison! That'll go right over Belle Plaine! :eek:

8. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Apr 15 2006, 12:30 PM) [snapback]240206[/snapback]</div>
    Hey! I object to that comment!
    I just moved to Edina!
    It's an interesting mix of expensive behemoth SUVs and smug little Prii here.

And how does someone from San Diego know about Edina anyways?
    BTW, The "Pious" tidal wave or "smug cloud" started in California!

9. ezra054

ezra054 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ericbecky @ Apr 14 2006, 04:05 PM) [snapback]239857[/snapback]</div>
    I'm still on the waiting list for my new Prius, but I'll hopefully be there to share in the glory!

10. RonH

RonH Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Apr 18 2006, 09:02 AM) [snapback]241440[/snapback]</div>
    Is Lemond's restaurant still there?