1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Impression - 2010 Prius V with Navigation

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by drspielman, May 30, 2009.

1. drspielman

drspielman Grand Master Chief

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hello All,

I just got back from the Wellington dealership, which is in Palm Beach, Fl. The dealership was very nice, and the Prius was equally as well. I loved the interior room and the overall style of the car. I loved the stereo, but if you get Navigation then you lose 2 CD slots?? I thought it silly to not include simple options such as:

1. automatic lights
    2. an extended sunshade visor
    3. Power seats
    4. IPOD integration (i know, i know, it is coming)

I thought certain options were useless, especially in Florida:

1. sprayer for the lights
    2. the entire dealer add on package (pin striping, cargo net, and back bumper plastic peice) for 1300.00 - rip off
    3. The Toyota 699.99 guard package

Other options I was on the fence about so far:

1. The touch tracer I think will take some getting used to, especially coming from an Infiniti M45 sport car. You just had to push harder on it than I thought.

Other than that, the car seems solid. The dealership said they would give me 1000.00 off the "dealer package, bringing the grand total down to 1000.00 over MSRP. I don't think so. I will wait and see where the pricing goes. I spoke to 3 other dealers who expect to be between invoice and MSRP by July to August. I felt it deceptive of the window sticker to list all of the charges as if they were Toyota charges.

JRS :target:

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    1. agree
    2. agree
    3. power seats add weight. As much as I'd like power seats, I can do without in the name of mpg
    4. agree

3. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    drspielman,

Negotiate - Negotiate.

I picked up my Package V with Navigation today. Paid MSRP of $30,074 only; no Totos**t, no dealer fee, and no port add-ons (except mats).

There was a dealer's sticker that added $766 for "Dealer Added Optional Equipment" (Appearance Protector $399, Theft Protection $249, Custom Pin Stripes $59 and Color Door Edge Guards $59); I laughed at the F&I guy and said "nice try".

4. drspielman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I think I might wait a month and then they said I can get closer to invoice. At least that is what one sales manager at a dealer told me today.

5. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Be careful; you may not see South Florida discounting so soon, especially with the price of gas on the rise. Remember, SET dealers have an extra $700 cost on their cars that the rest of the Country does not.

6. scienceexpert

scienceexpert New Member

Model:
    II
    I was in a V today in Vegas where they were slamming it at 32,750. I liked the seats especially the electric lumbar, but I don't want to pay 10K for stuff I don't need or want. Besides, leather is real hot in the desert.

I test drove 3 cars today and the Ford Hybrid did unfortunately have the best quiet and ride. They wanted $27,500 out the door.

The price of gas is going up for one main reason the dollars value is dropping like a rock. Everbank's Phenning in Florida tells it like it is, "You can't have 10 Trillion worth of debt and no one to finance it!" :mad::mad:Korea's 70 Billion US paper holding Govt. Retirement fund just said no more US paper. :eek::eek:We are in for a big slide and the Prius has either a drop in profit or a rise in price or maybe both.

Gas just jumped up 50 cents this week and predictions are over $4.00 before years end. The run of better steering can't come soon enough. They are flooding the Sci-Fi channel with Prius commercials to sell, sell, sell. :cool:

7. drspielman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

yes, this is a hard give and take of a game to play. I want the car now, but can not stomach the explan 2-3K to pay to "just have it now". I am also on the fence about a model 4 with solar vs. a model 5????

8. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I wouldn't take the pinstriping if they said we'll give you money for it. Not even if I can peel it off myself... As for charging over MSRP let those willing to pay that much pay it, I think you made the right decision.

9. hughh

hughh New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I feel the same as you about pin striping. When I got my 07 Lexus GS 350, the preferred dealership was the one in Ft Worth. I had purchased a Lexus way back in '91 from them and the service and attentions were incredible through my long ownership. This time, every car on their huge lot was pin-striped. That made me sick. I purchased from another dealer much further away...but, no pin stripes!