1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Impressions of a Four

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by HprDad, Sep 25, 2012.

1. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was kidding. Did enjoy the heated seats in my Ru when I had it.

24 degrees this morning and snow by noon. :eek:

2. Eric Slagle

Eric Slagle New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Needed leather or the "synthetic" leather offered in the prius, so I decided to get the four w/o solar. The heated seats are amazing, MUCH faster warm up than my 07 Infiniti M35. Warms up in about 1 minute, to where as my m35 took about 5 minutes. With that being said, unfortunately you only have 2 options for the heated seat, on/off. Kind of irratating to not have different levels of heat output (low/med/high) etc...

JBL upgrade is also great. MUCH better than the standard system but definetely not in the "high end" area of speakers.
    Havent tried it yet but will soon but sound proofing the doors and maybe adding a speaker baffle should make the speakers perform better and not to mention give you a quieter cabin experience.

For me the seats are decent, even with the softex and adjustable lumbar. Nowhere near the comfort of my Infiniti but then again its not an Infiniti and both cars are nowhere near the same price category. Did an 8 hour road trip from SF to LA and counldn't find the sweet spot for comfort which sucked. Also I drove from SF to LA twice with my 93 nissan 240sx in 2006 and the comfort of those seats in my opinion are on par with the prius and did I forget to mention its a 1993 Nissan? Hopefully toyota will upgrade the comfort of the seats in near future :)

3. Pete campbell

Pete campbell New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I bought a 2010 4 with 7k and absolutely love this ride. got the real leather back then and all the good stuff
    roof/heated seats/jbl ---it is a pleasure to drive but have to agree with Eric the seats are not top shelf.
    I just do not see any advantage at all in buying the 5 over a 4. The way they currently package it is
    not worth the $.

4. Wayward

Wayward Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I went with the 4 mainly for the seats based on what I have read here.
    I have to say, I am not disappointed.
    I have changed cars quite a bit in the last 5 years, heck this is my third car since 12/10 I had my Highlander for 12 months and my Xb for 9 lol. But I bought this one, and plan on keeping it for quite awhile with gas the way it is.
    That's why I paid for the comfort, if I am going to own a car for a long time I want to enjoy it.
    And so far I love it.

5. HprDad

HprDad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    2000 mi so far on my 2012 Four. Mileage good, hope to do better over time. Took a hit on the interstate.

Comfort is great, even on first long trip, really glad I got the power seats. Lumbar has good adjustment, and the ability to tweak the seat while on the road is really helpful. I continue to enjoy the JBL, a huge improvement over my previous car(s), and plenty good for my ears, and the music I listen to. The 3-door SKS is really convenient - I often open the hatch or passenger first. The "flying buttress" console has really grown on me. Didn't like it at first, but the decent size storage area underneath is proving quite useful. Trek FX bike fits easily in the back, this will be very handy for next year's cycling season; Sure is nice not having to put on a rack.

Only major annoyance is the non-auto-dimming mirror - tried repositioning it, but seems like headlights always line up with the split in the rear window. It really needs a 2nd sensor at the top of the mirror... Other minor annoyances include dash squeaks, quirky NAV, and useless EV mode, but honestly this is a really nice car.

Compared to what I've driven for the last 15 years, its a luxury car!