1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Prius and hybrid

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by damooji, Mar 1, 2021.

1. damooji

damooji New Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Just got my first Prius ('21 Prius Prime) and hybrid vehicle. Like many others, with the pandemic I've just been WFH and driving a lot less. Also with a second child, figured it was time to reduce some expenses so decided to trade the '19 Audi S4 for the PP. I was doing a lot of back and forth on whether or not to get this car, primary concern being if I'd actually end up keeping it given it's "power", and looking at other options (i.e. Tesla, Clarity). But with my primary goal being to reduce expenses and not be selfish, on top of finding a reliable hybrid or EV that can fit 2 kids in the back, this made sense. And, after having driven it for couple days...I actually like it. Anyways, sorry for the long intro...just dropping in to say hi!

Attached Files:

PriusCamper likes this.
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome to PriusChat... Get in touch again in 15 years when your Prius develops its first problem that needs to be repaired.

3. dbstoo

dbstoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    LOL

+1 on the trouble free aspects. The 2017 Prime was rated as a best first car for teens based on the safety ratings. That makes the 15 year mark just about right.

Dan

PriusCamper likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome!

if you're not driving much, get a maintainer for the weak 12 volt battery

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. dbstoo

dbstoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Yeah, that's a problem with many modern cars. The battery is very slowly drained by all the devices that need a little power while it's parked. That includes the keyless entry, alarm, etc. I drive each car at least twice a month just to keep everything working as it should.

If you can do it, a solar battery maintainer works real well. On my previous hybrid I mounted it on the rear window deck and hardwired it to the battery. I've not figured out where to do that in the Prime with tinted windows. :)

Dan

PriusCamper likes this.
  6. JohnnyPR

JohnnyPR Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Congrats and welcome! You'll surely enjoy it for many years without issues. My uncle is looking got get one soon. We'll just finish installing the suspension on his Raptor and sell it.

7. Prii_Ownr

Prii_Ownr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congratulations and welcome!