1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First production photo of Honda Insight released

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes. 0.25 with the air suspension option. The LS430 that is. I'm not sure what the Cd is of the LS460.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The LS430, yes. 0.25 with air suspension. Not sure about the LS460.

3. Sacto1549

Sacto1549 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I think we forgot to ask a couple of questions in regards to the new Insight:

1) How much does the Insight weigh for the US version?

2) What kind of IMA drivetrain will Honda use? Will the Insight be the first Honda model to use the more sophisticated Advanced VTEC valvetrain on the gasoline engine to reduce fuel consumption and provide more power?

4. Synergy

Synergy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    aww its like a baby Prius... Hmmm I really like the honda Civic's gauges, hopefully they look something like that, I think they look pretty cool. If this can achieve 65 MPG thats amazing!! I also read somewhere that Honda is going to put a ""Eco" button in the Insight. Im not to sure what it does, but imagine what it could do!!

5. MSantos

MSantos EcoAccelerometry

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    Approximately 2650 lbs, pending regional adjustments due to equipment and other options.

Honda has already implemented its three stage VTEC for the first time in the HCH-II. The HI-II is expected to leverage much of this Gen 4's features while also benefiting from a smaller size and weight to achieve "better" fuel economy.

Cheers;

MSantos

6. Sacto1549

Sacto1549 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Actually, from what I've read about the HCH-II's 1.3-liter i-VTEC engine, its implementation of i-VTEC is about the same as the SOHC i-VTEC valvetrain of the R18 1.8-liter engine used on the regular Civic model. Given that Honda has been working on Advanced VTEC since at least 2005, it would be a good start for the new Insight to be the first model to use a gasoline engine with the Advanced VTEC valvetrain (which provides continuous valve timing adjustments on both the exhaust and intake side).

7. MSantos

MSantos EcoAccelerometry

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    Yes, I've heard about those allegations in "non-hybrid" circles.

Without going into the tech details, here's the video on the HCH-II 3-stage VTEC:
    Honda Worldwide | Honda Develops 3-Stage i-VTEC + IMA

...and here's the equivalent for the R18:
    Honda Worldwide | New 1.8l i-VTEC Engine

There are quite a few differences (design, manufacturing processes, architecture and operation) between the R18 and the 3-Stage i-VTEC (HCH-II).

Then again, maybe we're talking about something else entirely.

Cheers;

MSantos