1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Road Trip

Discussion in 'Prius v Fuel Economy' started by Dirtnapper, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Dirtnapper

Dirtnapper Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    We left Sat. am from Boston to Washington, DC with temps in the mid 80's to low 90's along the route. Two adults along with two teen nephews and full luggage. Using AC and 90% of trip was on cruise control. I got 47mpg. I thought this was pretty good for the first trip with those conditions. We usually travel this route and further in the summer months, I was concerned what I might get for mileage having been spoiled with 53mpg on the GenII. We are going down to Williamsburg mid week and later returning to Boston, I'll be keeping an eye to see the final overall mpg. I keep a spread sheet so I'll enter all data when I get back.

ftl likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well done! what kind of speeds were you doing? you're supposed to go north this time of year!:p

3. Dirtnapper

Dirtnapper Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Speed; 65-70; generally 5 above posted. The grandfather lives in Williamsburg, plus love Charleston, Savannah and the OBX.

4. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We did a Long Island to Williamsburg round-trip last week (85 degrees OAT) at a GPS-indicated 70mph (with a few stoppages due to construction and congestion) with A/C on automatic at 72 degrees and saw our first 440 and 480 mile tanks.

5. Naked604boy

Naked604boy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    eco mode or power?

6. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I don't own a Prius v, but one aspect that I have come to really appreciate and like about my Prius?

It's the best, economically most efficient "road trip" vehicle I have ever owned.

It's really nice to be able to potentially plan road trips with only an eye to time and possibility and not so much as to fuel costs. That freedom is a real plus to Prius ownership.

7. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    ECO cruise, PWR onto the highways. Did the same roundtrip last weekend and saw two 480 mile tanks.