1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First six month Service at Toyota

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by JimmyPri, May 28, 2016.

1. JimmyPri

JimmyPri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    When you bring your 2016 Prius in for its sceduled service (not just the first time but every service) do they give you a readout of the condition of the hybrid system? In particular do they give you a readout of the condition of the traction battery. Also, does the Carista app (with the module) give you a reading of the traction battery percentage to show if there has been any degredation? Does it give a reading for the traction battery temperature?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    1) no, and there is no reason to even think about it. not sure what carista does. they rotate the tyres, change the oil if it's the 10k and check a few things. no readouts. try to think of it like any car, you don't need anything special.

JimmyPri and Caniac like this.
  3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have never seen any such info from toyota.

An OBDII reader can give real time battery temps, but not past peaks. (these are gen 3 examples)

rows 43 to 50 of the Gen III page

PriUncut and JimmyPri like this.
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    They offer a hybrid battery assessment in England. There's a cost, but it extends the hybrid warranty a year.

Hybrid Cars Health Check | Toyota UK

5. PriUncut

PriUncut Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Some very interesting reading in the "Change Log:. How did those entries get into the car OBD? Is that data in the car?

6. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    While many codes.are standardised, each manufacturer and model have unique codes as.well.By watching the bus you may see unknown codes to investigate.

Most codes are stock, but you can add simple math to to from.C.to F for.example

7. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Free with a dealer service, £39 GBP separate and the extended warranty only covers the battery.
    I had them with the last two services on my previous Prius+ first one they just gave me a certificate saying it was ok, the second one was a certificate and another page stating some overall battery voltages, no individual cell information or anything like that.
    My battery, which was still under warranty anyway, was a Li-ion pack located in the centre armrest and there was no evidence of dismantling on the armrest after the test, so it must have just been an OBD job.
    IMO it's just a ploy to get you to go for a dealer service or pay £39 per year to the dealer to extend the battery warranty. I suppose when the car is getting on a bit and out of warranty, it's worth £39 a year for the peace of mind that you'll get another year from your battery or a replacement from Toyota if it fails.

#7 kithmo, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
    Mendel Leisk, JimmyPri and bisco like this.
  8. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    In Germany they have introduced since a couple of years the so called "Hybrid Check" which is carried out at extra cost (about 60-70€) after the 5th year of warranty and it extends it for an extra year (