1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First tank in new Prius.............Good to us.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Terri Richard, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Terri Richard

Terri Richard New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    We just ran our first tank in our new 2013 Prius 4 and after reading all the post on running out of gas we decided to fill up yesterday with still 3 bars showing. It took 8.6 gal and calculated out to 46.5 MPG after driving it for nearly 2 weeks on daily commute here in Austin of 45 miles round trip. We live on the West side of Austin so there are hills between home and downtown work. The Prius indicated that that tank averaged 49.3 MPG on the computer. I noticed the dealer has our tire pressure set at 40 front and 38 rear. I guess that is where I should leave it as the ride is just fine.
    Very nice compared to our Maxima that we traded in for the Prius and we don't miss the power when you can watch the MPG readout while driving the Prius. I do notice that it makes my wife want to run through red lights more often so she wont have to give up her coast.

2. CdotK

CdotK Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    good deal.. glad you like it!
    I drive mostly on the freeway (120miles round trip daily) and i get really good MPG.. check my signature
    That is average for the life time... my last Costco tank of gas i got 54MPG calculated!!!

jgilliam1955 likes this.
  3. SuperGLS

SuperGLS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I think it's pretty impossible to run out of gas before your miles 'til empty meter says 0. Don't be too eager to go to the gas station.

Uh oh, be careful!

4. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    3 bars might be a little too early to get gas, but better safe than sorry, and from what I've read, running out of gas in a Prius is not a good thing, among other things, when you run out you have to put 3 gallons in the tank to get it started again. As for me 3 or 2 bars is cutting it close enough.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, welcome to p/c. all the best!(y)