1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Tank with 2008 Hymotion Prius

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by seatown7, Feb 16, 2011.

1. seatown7

seatown7 Northwest Prius Dork

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I took me 14 days to get the tank down to 1 pip. 485 miles and an average of just under 63 mpg. My first tank had several highway miles, several trips with no Hymotion power, tires that were in the low 30 psi range for the first week, Seattle's cold weather and hills (and the wife's insistence on using the heater) and, of course, because I am a newb...I still haven't learned all the tricks yet.

Pretty happy with that total overall.:D

Peesout,

B

2. pfmahoney

pfmahoney New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Congratulations! I'm a newb too. 63mpg in the winter sounds pretty good to me.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Not sure if you were aware, but at rechargeit.org, Google puts up stats of their Hymotion equipped equipped Priuses. I only became aware of this when I saw a Priuses running around w/rechargeit.org graphics on their sides when I lived in the Bay Area.

4. JonnyD

JonnyD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats guys on your new toy. For a bunch of newbies you're getting better MPG than most old timer (w/o kit of course).

5. ualdriver

ualdriver Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    That's about what I have been getting with my 2008 with Hymotion. When we were in the depths of a Midwest winter and the temperatures dipped into the teens, I was getting high 50's with similar driving circumstances (cold weather, some driving with pack depleted, heater on, wife driving, etc.). Now that it is warming up a bit (30's to 40's) I'm back in the low 60's. If I didn't have the pack like I didn't last winter, I would get high 30's to low 40mpg's depending on how cold it got.