1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

FIRST TIME!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Jerry P, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Jerry P

Jerry P Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Temp. climbed all the way up to 37 F today - a heat wave!!! I filled up the gas tank this afternoon, and got a calculated 41.2 MPG through all the below zero weather we had last week. My display reads about 2 MPG lower than actual, and has been this way for the last month or so, maybe attributable to the bitter weather we've had. On my 17 mi. trip into work tonight, I finally broke 50 MPG on the display!!! 50.3 to be exact. Now, if it is still reading 2 MPG low, that means over 52 MPG. I am thrilled! I can't wait for the really warm weather (45+). I have 5500 miles on my Silver Pkg.#7 and maybe it is starting to get broke in. Anyway, I had to share this, it is so nice to break the 50 MPG barrier. :D :D :D

2. jeffrey

jeffrey New Member

Same thing here- now that the really bitter NE weather has eased just a bit I'm now running a bit over 50mpg, where before it was around 45, with a record low of 36.5 so far. Just under 4k miles now, so I guess, along with Jerry, that the car is now nicely broken in and with the warmer ambient tems, the mpg's are coming :)

Peace