1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First two years of Toyota care

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ETP, Jun 29, 2020.

1. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Are air filters included? Thought I read they were but the dealer said no!!!!

2. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Could be because they are not scheduled within the first two years/24K miles. You're better off staying away from the dealer anyway. Just order the filters from Amazon and change yourself. Simple DIY.

dig4dirt likes this.
  3. Pulse07

Pulse07 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I would honestly rather change the air filter myself. I like to see the filter instead of them just suggesting to have it changed. I have heard some shops keep a dirty air filter around and then show it to customers to persuade them to change it. With that said, I doubt dealer would suggest a "free" air filter change when most of the charge $50 to change it.

dig4dirt likes this.
  4. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  5. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Only scheduled maintenance items for normal use are included in the Toyota Care. They will now do additional recommended maintenance items even if you condition is severe. Air filter is not included in the schedule in the first 2 years. Basically rotate tires and check fluid level and top off if needed and visually inspect brake pads plus oil and lube (only twice).