1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fisker files for U.S. bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, Jun 18, 2024.

1. asjoseph

asjoseph Samuel, '04 Ruthiemobile

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    ... it's a brilliant proof, no question about it. Two years cross-eyed, staring into the matrix, John Forbes Nash's vision of equilibrium is, a pipe dream! A glorified stage theory!

No enterprise manager worth his salt would ever park his endeavor, Cournot-in-Nash. Much less could he even find it.

There is no Bertrand; there is no Stackleberg. All I see in the matrix, the inevitability of, graft; collusion; market orders; assuming your place in the pecking order; keeping your mouth shut when offered a seat at the gravy train (e.g., Malthus V. Marx).

Only question to be answered, what what were the incentives, what were the enforcement mechanisms; what's the excuse?

The people at the Fifth-Gurr, padding their CVs, laughing it up coasting along on subsidies, paying themselves high salaries, lavishing themselves in a surrealist microcosm of escapism?

Imagine, Ragnar Fritch's rocking horse brought to the classroom, to be surrounded by a select number of 6th graders, given sticks, for which to propagate the rocking horse. Given the go ahead, imagine these children as beat the rocking horse, as it begins to move, a function of propagation, children beating upon it with sticks, and a function of impulse, the curvature of its rails. Without propagation, the rocking horse coasts back 'n forth until it ultimately comes to rest. Indicative of the herky-jerky nature of the business cycle, accelerating over its trend-line a function of intensive propagation, sliding to recession on impulse when a number of children cease propagation (e.g., extreme concentrations of wealth), Ragnar Fritch was awarded this Nobel Peace Prize, for his rocking horse analogy.

Because of the business cycle? Because they live in a rough microeconomy (e.g., high fixed cost industry), would be the essence of the Fifth-Gurr peoples' rationalization, for their abject failure mass producing sissyboi cars?

Much indicative of our intellectually bankrupt policy community's prerogative, sissifying the automotive industry here in America? Circa the 1960s, one morning it was Argentina's policy community having decreed (e.g., propagation) massive subsidies, that Argentina be the world's premier manufacturer of automobiles!

Minimum efficient scale, ladder-frame, body-on-frame, uni-body automobile manufacturing: 80 to 150 thousand units. And, that's exactly what Argentina produced!

That it took more than a dozen firms, to do so? Like the Fifth-Gurr people, they failed.

Instead of earmarking investment to develop Argentina's tool and die sector, awaiting Argentina to naturally develop its unique comparative advantage? Every one of its automakers failed. Spectacularly.

Laissez faire! laissez passer! This is why we never (NEVER) want policy-wonks, picking winners.

Perfection was achieved, in the automotive industry, circa the early 60s. By the mid-60s, Ferrari bankrupted itself, doing so.

Whensoever expectation of congruence is formulated, it's big-big deal. Your expectations become rife for conjecture. Stochastic nature of cause V. effect, intent V. result, any nature or inkling of congruence in our findings would be indicative of -- the monolith, 2001 a Space Odyssey, dissertation material, scholastic interest across the depth, breadth and extent of academia!

My discipline, we're particularly interested in the outcome of games; who wins; who survives? Biggest, baddest cat in the fossil record? Meggaterron? It's megafauna prey under environmental siege, natural selection having evolved the sabre-tooth to so overspecialized an extent, it could no longer hunt smaller game? Who would have guessed, it would be the common house-cat, the superior specie?

Moral of the story? Find the mean! There is safety in the mean!

Samuel, '04 Ruthiemobile

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    I do not hope for a ban as @bisco does. @asjoseph opens up their brainwork as few others here do. Who would feel better not seeing this? Who wouldn't watch NASCAR just on the chance of seeing a crash?

I think in odd ways; all sciency and whatnot, but also enjoy seeing how others think. We all share brain structures identical except at the smallest levels. But those differences? whoa Neely.

Where else could I 'internet' to observe such diversity, without PriusChat?

==

Topic Fisker: Those people sniffed EV importance early ish, Attracted lots of funding but did not develop a scalable product. So, fini. Not unique.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i wouldn't watch nascar or hockey

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Seen it before in real life . . . an elderly grandfather and later, a young Marine.

Torn between tapping the moderator on the shoulder and turning up the squelch, I choose squelch.

Bob Wilson

#24 bwilson4web, Jun 21, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2024
  5. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I would feel better not seeing it. I enjoy seeing how people think but it's with the anticipation of civil and intelligent discourse. This person has proven over the years he is incapable of that.

bisco likes this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i don't stop to stare at car crashes either, unless i can help.