1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fit and finish

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Vintage Pep, Apr 1, 2016.

1. SAronian

SAronian Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Your trim photo looks like a piece is missing. When I bought my PiP it was so much louder than my previous car (a smart fortwo!) that I went to the dealer and drove two other new copies, a 2012 like mine and a 2013. Both sounded exactly like mine, so I'm living with it.

I really like the PiP, just find some of the materials to appear cheap. When I saw the Gen4 I was surprised that the quality of materials, while better, was still not up to my expectations.

2. Coast Cruiser

Coast Cruiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yeah, thanks for that. ;)

Just wondering if Toyota is still using the Takata(?) air bag company. I haven't read anything about them using a new supplier. Even the replacement airbags were found to be defective, according to some articles involving Honda vehicles. Don't know how true that is, but one news story mentioned it.

3. Vintage Pep

Vintage Pep Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So I called Toyota of North America. Spoke to a customer service representative. After I had taken it to the dealership. The tech stated that it was within "Acceptable craftsmanship levels". New term. This did not feel satisfactory.

so anyhow Toyota said they would send a representative which I can't remember the title they used to give a second opinion. I guess this person has higher qualifications and pay grade to make decisions. Anyways they are gonna call back and make an appointment with me since the dude is on vacation:

I'll keep ya all posted.

bisco likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    there were no prius recalls. not sure about other toyota. i did get one on my dodge dakota, and have to call to see if the parts are in yet. no worries.

5. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Why don't you make your own YouTube review? Unlike all those reviewers -- paid or not -- you actually bought the car. There's something I learned about product marketing very early in my career -- the person who actually bought the product knows a lot more about why he bought it than the people who made and marketed it.

Mendel Leisk likes this.