1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fix those little slick radio knobs cheap

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by mrproduxn, Apr 18, 2017.

1. mrproduxn

mrproduxn New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    One of my kids has been test driving the new Prius v. I have a 2016 Tacoma. I was shocked to see that the Prius has the same little entune radio knobs as my Tacoma. I was personally very tired of slipping off the tiny volume dial and fat finger calling Mom or Dad by accident. I manufactured a very cheap and functional (soft grip rubber ring) fix to the problem that I have shared with many Tacoma owners. This is now my hobby and people really like it. I will post a picture and if you are interested let me know. This is for the 7/8" or 22 mm radio knobs. This is not a business as I have a great job. I am just sharing this with the community. In the mean time ROCK ON PRIUS. knob grips.jpg 20170411_202224.jpg

Rpowers47, RCO and Tideland Prius like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    very nice. pm @Danny for approval to do business here, unless you're giving them away. all the best!(y)

Rpowers47 and RCO like this.
  3. mrproduxn

mrproduxn New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK. I do make a buck off each one after shipping with free labor. Just found it is the cheapest thing I could come up with for a fix. Will do. Thanks.

Rpowers47, RCO and bisco like this.
  4. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I hope you feel for us poor buyers who have a radio with only a piece of glass - and no knobs at all :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

kithmo, RCO, grape808 and 1 other person like this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i do.;)

RCO and alanclarkeau like this.
  6. mrproduxn

mrproduxn New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That is just crazy. At least the little knobs are somewhat useful. I just can't believe Toyota did not put more emphasis on "user friendly". I love Toyota but I think they were better for consumers 2 years ago. Seems like once they established a top seat in the market they cut down on the engineering of their vehicle amenities. And again I love Toyota vehicles.

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    a lot of us old timers aren't happy about it, kids are used to it.

RCO and mrproduxn like this.
  8. mrproduxn

mrproduxn New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I did pm @Danny and will do whatever he says. Not a business person just a hobbyist at best. Thanks to the big man I have a good job with the DOD.

Rpowers47 likes this.
  9. mrproduxn

mrproduxn New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Daughter loves the new Prius models and the prices are lower than I expected. She is transfering to another college out of town and the mpg are the big selling feature after her driving an suv the past 4 years.

RCO likes this.
  10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, the discounts with low gas prices are amazing. someone bought a 2017 prime, list at 28k, and got 10 grand off in rebates, discounts and tax credits. 18k for a new car with so many features and expected longevity of 200,000 miles, outstanding. (even if they don't give us knobs anymore:p)

RCO likes this.
  11. mrproduxn

mrproduxn New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That is amazing. We have not looked into the tax credit yet. We will probably buy between June and July unless we find out incentives end earlier. Need to remodel a bath first. Then will see how much will pay down. Want payment low enough for her to take over after graduation in 2 years.

12. mrproduxn

mrproduxn New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In this modern era of vehicles everything will last 200,000 miles.

13. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Unless it's designed in Wolfsburg - have been some disasters of late. FORD also had some faulty Powershift transmissions rendering the cars relatively value-less. Jeep?

mrproduxn likes this.
  14. Scuderia Priusi

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <Cough> I could not disagree more with this statement. Sure, the technology exists to manufacture cars that will make last 200K miles, but...there are many cars currently built to last a mere 100K miles (because, profit). And that's not even taking into consideration the ever-lengthening service intervals as "recommended" by many manufacturers, which is frequently inadequate or marginal. This allows the manufacturers to save cash on pre-paid maintenance plans for leased cars - there's that profit thing again...and if it wears out sooner, the sooner the buyers is back in the market for a replacement. So, no. Not everything. If only they were! :rolleyes:

RMB, RCO and alanclarkeau like this.
  15. mrproduxn

mrproduxn New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks @Scuderia Priusi and you will be surprised how much easier it is to operate your radio. Sometimes simplicity is the key. Glad I could be of service.

16. mrproduxn

mrproduxn New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    FYI $6 pair mail order $8 pair payPal

RCO likes this.
  17. mrproduxn

mrproduxn New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just want to say thanks to those that have perused this thread. I will wait a couple of days and completely stop monitoring this thread. I have helped many Tacoma owners with this economical and very functional fix. I expected more Prius owners would want the same. Perhaps you have found something better which is great. I know that the stock knobs are way under engineered and not very user friendly. After this thread dies my cheap fix will be moved to ebay and the cheap price will go up $1 to $1.50 a pair to cover ebay fees. That negates my goal of keeping this cheap. I do not get paid for my labor, I ship free, and I make these 1 pair at a time to maintain consistency of each pair. Still is a good hobby for me. Thanks for looking. I will still be hanging around after we buy a Prius v for my daughter.

Attached Files:

#17 mrproduxn, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  18. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You might have got more interest had you actually showed them on a Gen 4 Prius. Otherwise people are just taking a chance they will work.

Good reviews from Prius owners would have helped too.

19. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My six bucks is on it's way!

Rpowers47 likes this.
  20. mrproduxn

mrproduxn New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you. They will go out asap. These also fit 15-17 Sienna, 16-17 Tacoma and 16-17 Corolla with the NAV system.

RCO and krmcg like this.