1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fixed backup light low visibility

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by jbct, Oct 31, 2018.

1. jbct

jbct Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I've only owned my 2008 a couple of months so I am still getting used to its idiosyncracies. I noticed at night I could not see anything when I backed up- couldn't see out my rear view mirror or my side view mirror. I changed the bulbs in my backup lights (I believe they were 21w and went to 24w) and that helped alittle. Then I realized the real problem. My Prius came with very, very dark tinted windows -so hard to see through them at night. I now lower my side window when backing out of my driveway. I can live with it.

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i have seen retrofit headlight back there, might be illegal, idk.

3. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I’m guessing no backup camera? I had the same problem with my 4 Runner. Hyper white backup lights and rolling down the back window helped.

4. Dave Jeffries

Dave Jeffries Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have a 2005 and the backup lights are absolutely useless. My driveway slopes down and I have a curb on both sides. I can't see a thing and it is pitch black in the mirrors. I was reading another thread from 2006 and there was a discussion on led bulbs and the formation of the enclosure not being led compatible with the then current led products. Are current products more useful. Was looking
    [​IMG]
    LUYED 2 X 1700 Lumens Extremely Bright 7443 4014 102-EX Chipsets 7440

5. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I wouldn't own a Prius without the SKS & BU cam that's a package 2 the base has no SKS or back up camera.