1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fixed my unresponsive multi-funtion display problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Thane, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Thane

Thane Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I had the problem of my multi-function display become mostly unresponsive. It seemed to affect individual button recognition rather than parts of the screen because the same part of the screen would register a button press on another page. This condition occurred for about 7 months to a year. Anyway, it finally started to work again fully, directly after i starting using the buttons i had NEVER used before myself on the steering wheel. Specifically the air conditioning controls and *i think* even more specifically, the circulation toggle button, the a/c off/on button and the temp arrow buttons. Not 100% sure that simply using the buttons is the solution, but I really do think that was it. My only guess as the why that would occur is that one of the steering wheel buttons was stuck on. Hope it helps.

#1 Thane, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  2. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Report us in the future if the problem comes back or doesn’t.

fotomoto and SFO like this.
  3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That makes a lot of sense to me. Glad it's working again. If it is a sticky button on the steering wheel, you may get a chance to test your theory before too long.

4. Thane

Thane Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Will do, so far its been working for ruffly 8 months straight with no reversions to the faulty state.

btw, it started happening right after i went to the dealer a long time ago, i always found that a little odd. I went there to have two recalls done, one was the floor mat, which they "fixed" by simply throwing in the back seat, the other was something about the water pump which didn't take very long.

jerrymildred and valde3 like this.