1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fixed the combination meter and the gas mileage went up

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by lukaczer, Sep 14, 2020.

1. lukaczer

lukaczer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I recently successfully replaced the 100mf capacitor with a 220mf in the printed circuit board in my combination meter on my 2006. The car had developed the known problems of the meter going dark and problems turning the car off. After i replaced the capacitor the gas mileage went up quite a bit. The car has always recorded excellent gas mileage- the multifunction display calculated mpg typically used to say about 45-46 mpg. But since the capacitor replacement it started to say in the 49 to 50 range. And I have now refilled the tank twice and the actual mileage driven divided by the gallons pumped agrees that the car is now getting close to 50mpg. Has anyone ever heard of that and what could possibly be the explanation?

Thanks

Steve

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The car is probably just as economical as before, I suspect that with the CM being intermittent it was not reporting all the miles being driven.