1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fixed Trunk Hatch Garnish

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by nat724, Mar 27, 2017.

1. nat724

nat724 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Finally got around to fixing the rear hatch garnish. It actually snapped in half about two years ago, but would stay put as long as I was careful opening the hatch. It also made for a fun joke every time someone else opened it, as they would panic and I would pretend they broke it for a couple seconds.

Anyways, after a year and a half of living in Colorado and driving it in conditions that I shouldn't be, it finally got to the point of just falling off anytime I hit a little bump. I had looked at replacing the part, but at $150 - $250, it didn't seem worth it on a 12 year old car with 190k miles.

I ended up removing it which was a lot easier than I had thought and using JB Plastic Weld. It didn't seem like it would hold, so I used some duct tape, too. Some of you may cringe at that, but I actually love that my Prius has taken such a beating and still keeps going. Just another battle scar! As you can see, she's not afraid of getting a little dirty!

I'd be happy to do a write-up if anyone needs it, but there seem to be a few floating around. Let me know if it'd help anyone though!

Attached Files:

m.wynn likes this.
  2. cobaka

cobaka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in