1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Flakey SKS? (…been there, done that, changed the FOB batteries, got the T-shirt!)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by WilDavis, Apr 2, 2018.

1. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    OK, Gang! …lately, I've been noticing that the SKS was starting to behave somewhat "flakily¹", so when ChuggyPig (2009 Gen II) went in for 5,000 service recently, the dealer load tested-the 12V AuxBattery (it was replaced 2½years ago, but the SKS showed the same symptoms before that was done back in 2015), and it passed the test (and the dealer didn't charge me - as a favour, they did the load-test as part of the service) - I see from my log that I replaced the FOB batteries at the same time (2015) (just in case), so I've just spent the past hour replacing the button cells in both FOBs, and "Hey, Presto!" everything now works like a charm! (…just sayin! :rolleyes:)

¹ - sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, then it did, then it didn't, but the buttons worked OK, etc. etc.