1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Flames!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by PriusPage, Apr 22, 2005.

1. PriusPage

PriusPage New Member

So it took a while to find a guy, but I finally got it done!

2. RBW111

RBW111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. rookie

rookie New Member

Yay... can you give us a photo of the whole vehicle to see how it flows with the whole thing?

So this is painted on?

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    very nice!!

i think lightning would have been more appropriate.

5. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thats what green lightning looks like and I like it. All Prii should have that.
    Gary :)

6. scottw07071961

scottw07071961 New Member

Very cool, Burbank! I like it a lot.
    I was thinking of maing a'Flux Capacitor' to mount on the roof or rear window, but that would be kinda stupid!
    The flames rock!

7. PriusPage

PriusPage New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rookie\";p=\"83602)</div>
    They are painted on, here is a shot of the whole car :)

8. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Very cool! 8) It is nice to see Prius' modified like that. Makes them look even more different then they are. I also wonder what one would look like with a full set of flames across the hood/down the fenders, :roll:

9. cybele

cybele New Member

Was that your car parked on Wonderland up off Laurel Canyon tonight? There can't possibly be two silvers running around LA with flames on them!

10. cobalt20

cobalt20 New Member

I tried to post a pictue but my file is too large and I don't know how to reduce it. If you want to see a 2005 Salsa Prius with a fairly radical ghost flame paint job, go to http://safetyis.us/painting.htm and enjoy.

11. cobalt20

cobalt20 New Member

I forgot to mention that the Prius is the second car from the top on the page; dont get confused by the PT Cruiser pictured at the top. http://safetyis.us/painting.htm

12. PriusPage

PriusPage New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cybele\";p=\"87079)</div>
    I THOUGHT that was a tideland coming past me as I parked! That was me, attending a party at the top of the hill there. I tried to get a Prius wave off to you, but I was to distracted with trying to hussle out of the car and all.

13. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It can be done with decals too.

I just took my Prius to a place that does decals to have the invisible bra installed. I was looking at their examples and they have flames, lightening bolts, even flowers. Of course the decals don't have the shading the paint does, but you can have pretty much anything you want put on your car in any color you want with a custom decal. I have no idea what the cost difference might be, but I'm guessing a decal might be cheaper than paint. And it also might be removable without damaging the paint.

No, I'm not brave enough to have my car done. But I do think it looks cool . If I did....I'd have dark violet put on my Black Prius.

14. GeekyDragon

GeekyDragon New Member

Does anybody know of a place in the Santa Cruz/San Jose bay area where I can get custom graphics painted? Our new Prius should be here by this weekend but we haven't found any place yet that can do this... Any help would be great.

15. nanbow

nanbow New Member

Yes, this is what's going to get me through the wait! I just ordered this week & have 3 months to wait. Realized this morning I have a bad case of Prius fever.

This thread has gotten me through the morning. This forum will get me through the wait! Thanks so much. I feel better now.

16. DavidY

DavidY Reptile Breeder

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Ok, after reading this discussion, my 12yr old son wants to put a hood scoop and bigger rear spoiler on our Prius along with a lightning paint job! I like the lightning idea, myself. Or maybe a giant capacitor with an electric spark! :D

17. norcalprius

norcalprius New Member

Several years ago, on a toyota prius print (magazine) ad, I saw a prius with a full (front end, hood, front fenders, spilling into the forward part of the front doors) flame job. Not your regular 'fire' type flames but a nature theme. The flames were made up of leaves, branches, flowers (manly ones of course :) ). It looked very cool. I have searched the net and conversed with several decal manufacturers to no avail. Very obscure I suppose but has any one ever seen or have a contact for something like this?

Mike
    05 Millenium Silver

18. norcalprius

norcalprius New Member