1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Gregj70

Gregj70 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My friend is actually the one with the 2010 prius. She hit a big pothole and the flashers stopped working. I did some troubleshooting and found that there is no 12 volt on pin 4. Fuse is not blown. And when i jump pin 4 to a constant 12 volts, the flashers do work. My question is if anybody has layout of the connectors and the wire routing so i can find the short. Or would it just be easier to run a new wire. Thanks

2. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Replace it anyway. Fuses are cheap and sometimes you can't TELL if they are blown or not......or loose or corroded in the socket.
    And what you are looking for is an OPEN, not a short.

3. Gregj70

Gregj70 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Tested with meter. Not blown and yes an open. Any other ideas?

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That would be your problem then. Put in a fuse that hasn't opened.

-Chap

5. Gregj70

Gregj70 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Think my post got a bit mistaken. Fuse is not blown. I tested it with a meter and it was good. My open comment was from a comment from Sam. He corrected me when i said short. And i really meant there is an open circuit and the fuse is not the issue. I do not have continuity from the fuse terminal to pin number 4 on the flasher relay. So there is an open somewhere in-between and not the fuse. Any suggestions on which wire bundle it would be going from the fuse block to the relay connector and which way is it routed. Thanks again

6. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    If you are going to trace this without a shop manual (even wiring diagrams often don't show the physical path a wire takes), you need to start at the relay pin and work your way back toward the source. I think it is likely that it doesn't go to the fuse block directly at all.......but if it's close it might.