1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Flicker

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Kelli Ann, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Kelli Ann

Kelli Ann Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,
    I searched this site and didn't find any help.

I've had my 2008 since the end of March 2016, now the end of Sept 2016 (just over 81K miles). I have had only 2 instances of a full flicker in the last 90 days. The instances happened at night, so not sure if it has happened in the daytime or I just didn't notice. Headlights, dashboard and system screen all just flickered. The car didn't seem to shut off or stop as I was in forward motion.

Could this be just a system reset or is the the beginning of the 12V aging, getting ready for replacement?

Thank you for any thoughs or suggestions.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    hard to say, could be a loose connection. always worth testing the 12v, but never heard of flickering head and dash lights before.

valde3 likes this.
  3. mailtrain13

mailtrain13 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey. Did you find any solution to this? I am facing similar issues with my 08 Prius

4. Kelli Ann

Kelli Ann Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, Actually no, not really. I have replaced the 12 volt once - the end of 2016 as I left the car on auxiliary on day and killed it. So maybe it was a loose wire. So check your connections on the 12. I love the car. The paint is started to really show some wear and tear and i may need some tires this year. Enjoy!!

5. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If the dashboard module is flickering or just out that is a very common issue for failure. The dash led module is called the Combo meter.
    It goes from intermittently going to black and progress to you cant shut the car off with out disconnecting the 12 volt battery which is very inconvenient.

use the search forums up top and search:

combo meter

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    check the negative to ground connection