1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Flip key mod for regular key

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by firstrival, Oct 23, 2012.

1. firstrival

firstrival Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I didn't count on the non-smart key being so massive. Has anybody found a flip key case that is compatible with the remote? The ones I've seen on eBay don't seem to fit.

2. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I do not like the key with remote on it. I am wondering if any of the other Toyota remotes might work in its place if programmed correctly. I would like to have a couple of seperate remotes for our car. I bought Toyota remotes for our Vibe gt, built by Toyota/GM, from ebay for 12 bux each and programmed them.
    Dan

3. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Our C came with two remote keys and one non-remote key.

I was in the parking lot one day not long after we bought the car, and was looking at it from the passenger side where there are no key-holes, and I wondered what the heck good that third key was (then I discovered keyhole on driver side).

4. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I think the "third" key only works the door and ignition. Vallet key its called. Wont work hatch or glove box. I find it interesting there is no key hole on passenger side. I have never noticed that. My wife is gone in the car but when she returns I will be looking at the passenger door.
    Dan

RocMills likes this.
  5. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It freaked me out because I thought there were NO exterior key holes in the car at all, except for the rear. I was imagining losing both remote keys and having to climb into the car from the rear hatch.

6. firstrival

firstrival Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
  7. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Mine is a C2, so maybe that's the difference.

8. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Okay, the aliens have been messing with my head. I just checked, and there is no key hole in the hatch of my car. So the only exterior key entry point is the driver side front door.