1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Floating Bridge Console Wouldn't Seem Good for Cellphone Testing

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by cycledrum, Aug 28, 2013.

1. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So, we we're in a Hyundai Elantra rental using the 12V outlet, USB port with half dozen cell phones, laptop for testing. Had the engine on while parked for couple hours to run the A/C. Thought to myself, floating bridge console would really be in the way for plugging into 12V, then having to reach back under armrest for USB, plus no place to lay phones except cupholders. The Elantra doors even had bigger door cupholders and mapholders.

Man, they really need to upgrade the interior soon on Prius. Floating bridge console may be different and futuristic, but far too imposing and takes up too much space.

Could have been a Prius sitting for two hours with engine off quite a bit while running A/C.

2. 3PriusMike

3PriusMike Prius owner since 2000, Tesla M3 2018

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    At first I hated it...after I while I find it moderately useful.

Mike

3. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    The floating bridge does a number of great things including opening up the space below it. That area is quite large and flat for a car this size. I find it extremely useful. Along with that, you also get a climate control display at a great spot and angle, a cup holder and a place to rest your hand. I really see the upsides on this.

The only negative is the bridge in the way of the USB and 12V. I don't find it a hinderance as I use the ones in the center console.

I guess if you the Prius was designed to be a test bench perhaps... :LOL:

4. Ray-o-Vac

Ray-o-Vac Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    At first, I thought the Floating bridge was weird. Now I think it's weird and I kinda' like it.

5. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I like the storage under the bridge, but I wish it didn't rattle in cold weather.

6. Nora

Nora Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I really like the space under the bridge. I have two chargers there all the time (cell and gps), plus I can toss some rolled up shopping bags there for unexpected shopping opportunities, and I still have room for my purse if I have a passenger. I've left the gps there, the gps mount, and some other crap that would be in the way. That space used to be used for transmission stuff (at least that is what I'm thinking it was) in my older cars, so it's a bonus space!