1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Flooded 2010 Prius V

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Seth S, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Seth S

Seth S New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Is my 2010 Prius V Still safe? It was in water about half way up the pillar.
    I haven't tried to have it started for about two months. It has been around 2 months and I really miss this car.
    The car was in a parking garage and was not running. It was submerged for about an hour.
    If anyone has any thing that might be helpful please let me know.
    Also if the car wasn't running and it was completely shut down would it be safe to try to drive it?

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    I wouldn’t drive it

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    No Insurance?

I'm picturing a car submerged at least up to the level of the window bottoms. Is that true? If so, that car will never work well again. Every single ECU has probably been filled with water. Electronics etc. Interior mold? Engine potentially flooded?

Maybe I'm wrong.

4. bobzchemist

bobzchemist Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm going to assume that you didn't try to dry it out right after the flooding? Not to mention what the water did to the electronics, if you didn't dry it with fan's etc. right after it got wet, you're going to have mold everywhere - carpet, seats, headliner. Just sitting in the car will not be healthy, even with the windows open. Realistically, there's no way to get rid of that much mold without replacing all the absorbent surfaces in your car.