1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Flooded Prius v 2015

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Mohamed’s, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Mohamed’s

Mohamed’s New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Dear All
    I’m from Mauritania (Africa) and I have a 2015 Prius v sw bought from USA.
    it has a serious problem: (it does not start on).
    the one who sent it to me told me that the car was flooded.
    It arrived without a HV battery, but I ordered and installed it. I have replaced the 12v battery too.
    now, when i press the "start" button to start, it displays a message that says: please switch to P. mode and if i press the P button nothing changes, then a new message is displayed: shift system malfunction please shut down the vehicle....etc
    The problem is that the representative of TOYOTA in my country has no idea about hybrid vehicles and private garages too.
    For that, I decided to search online for help and see if i can get an idea that can help me to know where I should looking for the problem.
    Sorry for my poor language.

cordially

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

unfortunately, a flooded car could be anything. you will need to start with toyota tech stream diagnostic software, and a subscription to the service manual at tech info.toyota.com

i hope you are a skilled mechanic, it may not be an easy job. all the best!(y)

3. Mohamed’s

Mohamed’s New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thank you Bisoc for your reply.
    I’m not bad in mechanics, but as I said, the hybrid vehicles not yet known in my country.
    I’m not sure I can find the TOYOTA tech stream diagnostic software here.
    For the subscription on the service manual at tech info.toyota.co, how i can do that?
    Sorry, but we are very backward here unfortunately.
    Best regards.