1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Floor Mat Keeps Kicking Up

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by bluewhale, Jul 7, 2011.

1. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You stated this much better than I did. Yes, it is straightforward to do it deliberately. I don't see how it can happen casually or accidentally assuming that the correct hooks and mat are installed correctly.

2. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    How could the dealer claim not to have seen the problem? Isn't this what the recall was all about after mats jammed under the pedals on some cars and supposedly resulted in "uninteded acceleration" and accidents?
    I had aftermarket all weather mats in my '04 and have Toyota all weather mats now in my '06, and the hooks hold them just fine. Maybe a change in design occured in the later models?

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Sort of off-topic: I wish it was possible to buy replacement drivers mat only. Ours was pretty much shot at around 5000 km's: a hole right through where you rest your heel at the gas pedal. All the rest of the mats are fine.