1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Flyaudio E7572 works with MioPocket 4.0 release 68

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rrg, Mar 12, 2012.

1. rrg

rrg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Folks,

If you want to see what I did to my nav but it's not my youtube video:
    It's called "MioPocket 4.0 (unlock for GPS devices) video guide". Just do a search on youtube.

NOTE: Before you try something like this, I have not returned the unit to stock, yet, so do this at your own risk.

EDIT: If I remove MioPocket from SDmem then the Radio boots up with the old theme/images.

I downloaded MioPocket 4.0 release 68 from one location (Captain Jack Sparrows favorite bay.)

Unzip the files on your PC first. Don't unzip on SD card. Corruption is possible.

I installed - copied the software folders and files on the root \ directory and pointed the navi start location to \SDMEM\MioAutoRun.exe

If you installed a new nav software package you know what I am taking about. If you are not sure maybe wait for better instructions.

HELPFUL hint:
    I am getting a pen stylus because my finger tips are a little big to touch some of the small graphic/icons.

1.) Once you tell it to run, it installed some path directories. (1-2min) This happens only one time, the first install.
    2.) Then faded to a two part screen with black and white.(25 sec)
    3.) Then it rebooted (turned Off then On) on it's own and came up with all the icons in the youtube video called "MioPocket 4.0 (unlock for GPS devices) video guide".

You can follow the youtube video links back to the forum where it was created/posted at gpspassion.

It's not a new GPS theme or buttons like the Ottonavi stuff but it now has a tremendous amount of functionality from the SD card.

I just installed it, so I have not looked at all the functions and programs it installed.

Kinda cool.

My camera is dead so I don't have pics.

Your PC should have these files before you copy to root directory of SD card:

Folders:
    Extra
    Media
    MioAutoRun

Files:
    MioAutoRun
    MioAutoRun.mscr
    MioPocket Changelog
    MioPocket Outline
    MioPocket Readme
    MioPocket Readme
    MortScript

NOTE: MioAutoRun shows up as MioAutoRun.exe on the GPS.

2. rrg

rrg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    [​IMG]

Successful little Update on Flyaudio Theme:

I am not a software guru so this is going to go very slow for me.

I changed one of the icons on the main menu today. More specifically the GPS.
    It now reads "Prius GPS" with no blue hue, instead of just GPS. Lame I know... Baby steps for me.

Special thanks goes to Bulle here on the site for his great Ottonavi thread and his directions.