1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Flyaudio HU: How to customize the UI -7572

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rrg, Mar 14, 2012.

1. rrg

rrg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Folks,
    I was able to get the files from the Flyaudio HU and will proceed very slowly to change and experiment with the theme.

Here are some of the files I have pulled so far.

The other post was originally started to work on MioPocket changes. That's a different objective related to that software but still needed for this thread.

This thread will try to follow and learn closely from the ground breaking originator Bulle from the custom Ottonavi HU, who without his help this would not be available. Thx for being generous with your time and knowledge.

Just a few files that need to be changed for a new theme. (OMG)

START HERE with MioPocket on the HU first if you want to change the images.

rrg.
    [​IMG]

2. SamelCamel

SamelCamel New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am wanting to start working on the Advent unit (essentially a rebadged "FlyAudio" unit) and wanted to know if you had any pointers.

Where did you pull those icon files from for example?

Any other technical bits you can divulge?

Thank you!

-Sam

3. rrg

rrg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The first thing you need to do, if the unit allows it is unlock it.
    Follow this link/post for what I did to get started.
    If that works then you are ready to start moving files off and modifying them.

The file you see above is flyaudioUI.fui located under \windows directory. Just move it over to the SD card via file manger in the MioPocket program on the SD. Then I used a png program to open it up. I got one called: Resource Tuner (free for 30 days).

I have a CE 6.0 HU model. There are different methods to unlock it with that software. My unit was very easy. If it does not work then go read the readme files and look at the other methods with the same software.

As always be careful, I read and researched it for a long time. I also had the radio files from someone here that got them from the company for a bricked unit.

Hope it works on that unit.

4. SamelCamel

SamelCamel New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for the info. I will try it out. The Advent OTOPRI1 uses Windows CE 6.0 Embedded. The files on the microSD card have *.FLY extensions just like the standard FlyAudio system.

I'll keep you updated.

-Sam

5. rrg

rrg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here are some images of customization for Flyaudio folks.
    Flyaudio Menu:
    [​IMG]

MioPocket 4.0
    [​IMG]

6. killwin98

killwin98 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought today Toyota Auris (I know it's a Prius forum :) ), and I had FlyAudio D7523 system installed. The navigation system is iGo 8, which is pretty slow, but I'm assuming it's because the processor is weak. I'm using Waze on my iphone and I really enjoy it. Is it possible to somehow "broadcast" my iphone into the screen of FlyAudio? Right now I can only listen to songs on my iphone with FlyAudio.

My biggest problem is that in the Bluetooth section I can't contact my iphone contacts (like I used to in Parrot LS-3200), and I can't even set speed dial. So basically I can only answer my phone calls while driving, because I can't remember my contacts numbers by heart...

I thought that perhaps a teak or a firmware update could help me. Could anyone recommend what should I do?

Thanks!

7. rrg

rrg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My bluetooth, syncing, contacts works perfect with an LG phone.

All phone contacts are moved over to the radio and made available via bluetooth.

I have never seen screen syncing with Iphone.

8. killwin98

killwin98 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you also have my system? D7523? How can I upgrade my software/firmware if it's even possible?

9. rrg

rrg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have 7572. You can check the Flyaudio site and there is a way to upgrade the firmware.

You can also try to do what a Prius person did here.
    His Flyaudio radio messed up and he called the place where he bought it for repair and convinced them to send him the firmware to fix it by a re-installation. They originally wanted him to send the unit back. The re-install worked and he now has the firmware.

Tell them the unit is not working as advertised.

10. killwin98

killwin98 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's a second-hand car, so the previous owner bought it, and he doesn't have the manual anymore. All I know that it's modifiable for sure since they added an Israeli navigation software (iGO 8) to the system.
    I searched on FlyAudio website (dot com, dot us and dot net), but I couldn't find my model. I think I found it though on an unofficial website, and I'm assuming this is my model: Fly Audio D7523NAVI-7, 2006-2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser (even though my car is Toyota Auris). I can't post the link here, but with can search it.
    I couldn't find anywhere software or firmware updates. Can anyone help me with that? Is it true that the system based on Windows CE? I don't know if I can contact them and tell them it is not working as advertised, because I'm not sure this function was available to begin with.

11. rrg

rrg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here's the first cut, proof of concept 25% done for Flyaudio, not my creation.

I found some help on the Lexus site.
    As I learn more I will add my own creations.

The theme is called "Understated Elegance". It doesn't cry attention and is not loud or obvious IMO.

[​IMG]

Here is the first 25% concept in action:

12. rrg

rrg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here's a small teaser pic of a new Flyaudio icon start screen image I'm working on.

It's going slow, now that nice weather is here.

I'm leaning towards calling this "Chotchkie" a fun decorative knick knack theme.

Hope you like it.

[​IMG]

13. miogps

miogps Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This looks much more colorful. Are you doing it through miopocket? Hope you'll upload it in future.

14. rrg

rrg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, I use miopocket with a file manager app to move over the Flyaudio dll from the SD card.
    I will upload it after I get more screens done.