1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fob and Keys?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by RCE1, Nov 10, 2016.

1. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just did a quick walkaround my home. There aren't too many places which aren't within 1 metre of some electronic gadget or other. maybe some of the back bedrooms, but even then, there's a clock/radio in each. Most of my lights are LED now which have an electronic circuitboard inside. The middle of the bath might be OK - as long as nobody turns on the tap. Maybe the back shed - nope, the welder, lawnmower ...

RCO and grape808 like this.
  2. Coast Cruiser

Coast Cruiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My driveway (and parked car) is right outside my kitchen window. I always place my Fob and keys on the kitchen table, which is right under the window.

I can leave my Fob inside, on the table, and go outside and open the car door. It doesn't work every time, but about 5 times out of 10. I now put my Fob in a different location.

RCO and grape808 like this.
  3. GT4Prius

GT4Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Excel
    Some folk suggest putting the keys in a tin or metal box, to reduce the chance of theft (which some say is a risk due to thieves with special kit. Not going into details about this cos these posts are Google searchable and dont want to help potential thieves!).

Putting keys in a metal box may also protect the fob from other nearby rf sources too.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

RCO likes this.