1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fob Key & Horn Question

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by Dzey, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Dzey

Dzey New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi I have a 2012 Prius C II my question is why is that when I press the Fob key to Lock/Unlock I only get a flashing light. (Headlights) there is no sound at all. How do I activate it so it flashes and have sound? Thanks

2. strongbad

strongbad Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If the c honked the horn every time it was locked or unlocked I'd desperately be looking for some way to make it stop. :)

Use the "panic mode" button if you like to make noise with the remote.

3. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    it's not supposed to have sound.. the package 3-4 does with the smart key though for the reasons so the smart key owner knows when the cars lock and unlock.. but for package 1 and 2.. there are buttons.

i actually prefer the car not to make any annoying sounds when i lock/unlock my vehicle.

4. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Aw, this will be my first car with a remote, and I wish it made a little honk when locking. It's just kind of satisfying, and it's nice if you've walked away from the car and are second-guessing whether you locked it. Oh well. I'm sure I'll love the car just the same.

5. FotoCEO

FotoCEO New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just watch for the lights - they will flash when it is locking (at least it does on my old Prius, I don't have my C yet).

I personally can't stand the cars that honk the horn when locking/unlocking - especially on my residential street.

robertmaria and RocMills like this.