1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fog light/17” Tire install on a 2017 Prius 4

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by startvlr, Apr 1, 2018.

1. startvlr

startvlr New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi everyone. A new Prius owner here. I purchased my 4 a couple months ago and we ended up buying the 4 instead of the 4 Touring because I wanted every option and as I’m sure everyone knows you can get everything except fog lights and 17” oem wheels/tires. I purchased fog lights off of eBay. Where to searc/buy listed below. Fog lights were easy to install except for running wire thru firewall. Also, when mounting, I removed front wheel and went thru wheel well. Easy to do this. Had to dremmel off about a half inch off of each attach point on the car....NOT the light itself. Lights are true LED and are extremely bright. I read an article where someone said these particular lights are brighter than oem. Also, there is a provision to hook up turn signal as well so the light actually will switch to a gold color for turn signal. They are led as well. For the money, they seem to be a really good light.

Tires...

Been looking for a set of 4T oem wheels since I purchased vehicle.... Junk yards, online retailers,etc. Got on letgo last week and found a set with 300 miles on them. Purchased a set of Michelin Primacy Mxm4 tires. The look of the car has changed dramatically. Why Toyota wouldn’t make these two upgrades available on the 4 is beyond crazy but anyways thought I would post this and some pictures. If anyone has any questions about install, let me know. Be glad to help if I can. Obviously it’s early as far as how long fog lights will last and also for ride,mileage, etc. I will give an update in a few weeks.

#1 startvlr, Apr 1, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    krmcg and Andyprius1 like this.
  2. startvlr

startvlr New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  3. startvlr

startvlr New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Almost forgot. This is the wiring harness I used from Amazon. Great product!! Heavy gauge wire and nice switch.

Attached Files:

4. booke02

booke02 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So how did you get the wire/s through the firewall?

5. startvlr

startvlr New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Toward middle of car favoring drivers side there is a rubber grommet. I went thru there. Warning... it was a pain. I ended up using a coat hangar and taped wires to hangar with one wire being taped on end of hangar and then dropped down about 6” placed the second wire,etc.

RCO and booke02 like this.
  6. Mandrade007

Mandrade007 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco