1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fog light bulb recommendations?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by kschmohl, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    FireEngineer, Danny should be organizing a group-buy for 9006 HiR bulbs (pre-trimmed in Japan by Koito) & 9006 Pure Yellow halogen bulbs soon, stay tuned please. The HiR bulbs will be available in 2 color tones, one to match your Prius stock halogen low beam & another to match your Prius stock HID low beam.

Edward

2. nhluhr

nhluhr New Member

3. ammiel

ammiel New Member

Re: Fog light bulb recommendations? My $.02

What I understand was the reason for yellow fog and the french requirement for yellow headlights went like this: If you look at lights coming at you in fog the light appears yellow. Ergo yellow light penetrates fog better. The problem with this in practice is modern lamps produce white light, so to get yellow projected needs a filter. The filter reduces the light out put, and this loss is not useful. The reason HID lights are annoying to the onlooker, especially to us old farts is that blue is scattered much more in the vitreous humor of the eye, producing flare. The great popularity for a while of BluBlockers stems from the fact that blue light is focussed by the lens just in front of the retina and is there fore blurred, and things do look sharper with them. I keep a pair of light yellow cip-ons in the car for dense fog and rain, it seems to help.

4. tomdeimos

tomdeimos New Member

I think there is another reason for yellow fog lights. The yellow glare is easier on the
    eyes than the white glare. Just like the red dash lights are easier on the eyes in
    an airplaine cockpit, than white.

5. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

The reason for red illumination lights is because it does not kill your night vision, yet you can still see the objects well.

6. icdedppl

icdedppl New Member

hi guys, been lurking here and was looking for HIR bulbs and found this thread.

i was just curious if you anyone knows where you can buy the 9011/9012 bulbs pre-trimmed? i don't think i would be a good idea to go to town on a bulb with a hacksaw! haha.