1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

fog light question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by SDunahugh, Dec 28, 2015.

1. SDunahugh

SDunahugh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have 2 2007's and i am thinking about putting just plain old Toyota halogen fog lights on both of them (neither came with them)

I don't care if they come on with the headlight, so my question is can i just cut and crimp onto the factory headlight wiring?

2. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That will work, but it is far from ideal. The wiring that supplies the headlamps is already on it's current limits. Doubling the load, and that is what your intending will reduce the brightness of the headlamps while also stopping the fog lamps from reaching there potential.
    A better way if your happy to have the fogs and heads on at the same time is to use the headlamp wiring to operate a relay, and use the relay contacts to switch a new heavier fused feed wire for the fogs.

John

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Britprius is spot on, use a relay to supply power to your foglights. eBay has many kits that supply foglights, wiring harness with relay/fuse, and a dashboard switch all included that have Toyota compatible mounts on the foglights.

SCH-I535 ?