1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fog Light Upgrade Recommendations

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by prevee5, Nov 8, 2016.

1. prevee5

prevee5 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    As you know, the v Level 5 has fog lights as std equipment. They are halogen so the illuminated color does not match the white LED headlights.

Is there a recommended bulb or kit available to upgrade the fogs to LED?

Sorry if this has already been addressed. Please point me in the right direction if there's an existing thread. Thanks!

Bmr4life likes this.
  2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Toyota: Morimoto XB LED Fogs (Oval) - Corolla Camry Highlander Tacoma LED Fog Lights from The Retrofit Source

Less expensive option:

High Power 15W CREE LED Projector Fog Lamps w/ DRL Lights For Toyota Lexus Scion | eBay

Or put contrasting yellow foglight bulbs in your foglights. Yellow light gives better visibility of the road surface in rainy, foggy conditions, and IMO look great:

1478589930426.png

These are 2500K Nokya yellow halogen bulbs in my projector foglights.

And these are high quality projector foglights with sharp cutoffs that don't glare into other driver's eyes:

Direct OEM Replacement Projector Fog Lamps For Toyota Scion Lexus IS GS CT LX RX | eBay

#2 xliderider, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2016
  3. Bmr4life

Bmr4life Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Anyone ever do this? Put LEDs in the fogs to match the factory LED headlights?

4. Kepik

Kepik Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Based on my research, because of how majority LED bulbs are designed, putting them in a fog lamp housing, isn't the best choice. LED bulbs tend to spread the beam while Halogen bulbs are more focused. I decided to go with what xliderider mentioned above, getting the Morimoto XB LEDs, which requires you to switch out the stock fog light unit and not just the bulb itself. The lumens is 5500K, so it's a nice white that should match up closely to the factory LED headlights.

Bmr4life likes this.