1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Follow the money.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Godiva, Mar 12, 2007.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Mar 13 2007, 09:51 AM) [snapback]404812[/snapback]</div>
    So tell me Karl, since capitalism has taken in your words a "turn for the worse" (i am assuming you are referring to only under the Bush Administration) what is your proposal for correcting its "wrongs"?

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 13 2007, 08:17 AM) [snapback]404827[/snapback]</div>
    Enjoy your day my friend. :)

5. Lywyllyn

Lywyllyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    I would agree with the general statement that good people work at large companies, be it big oil, big pharma etc. I for one count myself on the not so bad side and I ended up working (although not due to my input or actions) for Computer Associates (aka The Borg or Computer Assholiates as we called them ;) ) It is also generally the good people, the folks with good intentions and genuine healthy purpose who are utterly and helplessly powerless when it comes to the direction or management of their company.

The problem with capitalism is that it is a host to a whole range of options and opportunities. Ranging from the drive to innovation and resourcefulness to profit (healthy) reaching all the way to greed (generally bad for all but the ones on the very top - and that is debatable)

Too bad that some of you equate the criticism of the black sheep in the industry and our system as an attack on the system itself. The problem is people and their natural drive to hoard goods, services, money and power. The Utopian ideal of communism is that every person is treated the same, all consume, desire and create the same goods and services. The misguided notion here was that none shall want more then any other person, nor shall they ever desire to. We have all seen what happened in the good ol' USSR (as it was called back then :) ) The few had everything, while the many where indeed equal they all had the same = nothing ! Capitalism on the other hand does aspire to create equality by tapping into the natural drive to hoard and with that (hu)mans can be driven to excel and accomplish great things. The problem is the same... more begets the desire to have more. Some fall onto the extreme fringes of this range and these are the ones we are talking about, are we not?

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Mar 13 2007, 11:29 AM) [snapback]404837[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you!

I try to enjoy each and every day.