1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Food Combinations: What do you like which turns others stomachs.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Sufferin' Prius Envy, May 14, 2007.

1. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thousand-year-old egg and fermented bean curd (not necessarily together, though) -- yum.

I like peanut butter and I like chocolate, but can't stand the two together. Way to sticky sickly.

I don't like yogurt very much, but yogurt combined with chocolate is disgusting.

2. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ May 15 2007, 08:54 PM) [snapback]442886[/snapback]</div>
    We call Durian "nice person-fruit" for obvious reasons. It's disgusting, and forbidden to be eaten in public in a few countries (or so I was told by the person of Asian descent who brought it to a party we threw).

3. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Lime sherbet with oreo cookies crunched up and stirred in . . . yum!

4. Screaming Red

Screaming Red Two Pri Wannabe

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ May 15 2007, 12:51 AM) [snapback]442213[/snapback]</div>
    Here in the Utah and Idaho territories, it is called "fry sauce" and you'd better be able to provide it if you sell fries!

5. Screaming Red

Screaming Red Two Pri Wannabe

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ May 15 2007, 12:51 AM) [snapback]442213[/snapback]</div>
    Here in the Utah and Idaho territories, it is called "fry sauce" and you'd better be able to provide it if you sell fries!

OK, I have two things I need to have once a year that gross out everyone else - the first is mashed rutabagas with lemon juice & butter, and the second is good classic deli chopped liver - aka chicken shiRt.

6. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ May 15 2007, 10:10 PM) [snapback]442989[/snapback]</div>
    I once tried durian just out of curiosity. I've eaten worse things, but I can't remember when. And I remember when I've eaten at Denny's.

On the other hand, I think Durian Durian would be a great name for a band.

7. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    ya'll are gonna run to the bathroom...

but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Cold Mac & cheese mixed with Chocolate Pudding

I also eat Cinnamon raisin bagels w/ strawberry creme cheese

8. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ May 15 2007, 08:10 PM) [snapback]442989[/snapback]</div>
    I know Singapore bans it in some public venues also many airlines, hotels and public transportation also ban the "King of Fruits" My wife was on a flight returning from Singapore when she smelled the most horrific odor. She thought the guy next to her had farted. The smell was so horrible she got up to walk to the back of the plane but the smell just got worse. Women had kerchiefs over their faces, babies and young children were crying and grown men were wiping tears from their eyes. The airline people were looking everywhere for the origin of the odor. As it turns out one of the passengers had tried to bring a bag of durian to the states with him and when they stopped him at the gate he sat down and ate the entire bag. He couldn’t stop belching the durian up. The wife said my Beer and Sauerkraut farts smelled better the entire flight was 16 hours long.

I watched a show once on the Food Channel. This guy went all around Southeast Asia putting the most disgusting things into his mouth. The only thing he ever spit out was the durian.

[attachmentid=8087]

Wildkow

Attached Files:

9. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tnthub @ May 15 2007, 06:34 PM) [snapback]442828[/snapback]</div>
    Where do you get your chili peppers for that? I've been looking around at local stores for a few months (ever since i had some in Spain) and haven't been able to find any... Even a brand or what to look for would be awesome!

The ones i had had some sort of seafood dip type stuff in them... some shrimp, tomatoes, onions, i'm not sure what else

10. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ May 14 2007, 11:01 PM) [snapback]442120[/snapback]</div>
    Ohhh yummy,

Good:
    Banana & mayo, Banana & penut butter samiches.. peanut butter & marshmellow fluff samiches .

Bad:
    katchup on eggs (looks like road kill), raw meat,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ May 16 2007, 07:10 AM) [snapback]443191[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: :lol: ROLFMAO <cleaning iced tea off of monitor and desk> :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    After Wildkow's awesome post I thought I'd share pics of what Durian is.. :)

Cut Durian
    [​IMG]

Durian gets no love
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I smell a liberal discrimination lawsuit!
    [​IMG]

They already listed food and chewing gum but Durians are so bad they required their own category!
    [​IMG]

12. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ May 16 2007, 12:24 PM) [snapback]443417[/snapback]</div>
    You'd be smelling a lot more than that with durians in the vicinity! :D

13. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ May 14 2007, 11:01 PM) [snapback]442120[/snapback]</div>
    Nothing wrong with banana and mayo sandwiches. You're right- It must be a Southern thing. I ate them growing up in NC. Still like them. Not all of the South is affected though. Folks here in Tennessee think I'm crazy for eating them and refuse to try them. I can't believe these hillbillies!

14. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I love ketchup with eggs! I happen to love curry with a lot of different foods...

And let's see. I dig smoked meats; if it's bleeding just a little, it's right.

I have to admit. I'm a meatetarian.

15. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Upon occasion I like a peanut butter and sweet pickle sandwich.

I've been to Gilroy for the Garlic Festival and Fallbrook (and Carpinteria) for the Avocado Festival. Both garlic and avocado ice cream is pretty good (although not together).

16. tnthub

tnthub Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ May 16 2007, 08:58 AM) [snapback]443227[/snapback]</div>
    Our regional chain http://www.Hannaford.com does a pretty good job with finding good chilis. I like the wax chili as they can be had large enough to stuff. Poblanos also work pretty well. Most chains offer custom ording services for things if you inquire at the customer service counter. If Piggly Wiggly is still in the midwest I know they will do it for you otherwise you are in MN and I am in ME so I don't know... If you do a google search for chili peppers some options show up that can guide you through the different types and varieties. Be careful tith "too hot" as you can get seriously burned.