1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For 2012, Leaf gets heated steering wheel, heated seats, and increased range in cold weather

Discussion in 'Nissan/Infiniti Hybrids and EVs' started by Rybold, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I would prefer a seat and wheel warmer, and a colder cabin. With an air heater, and all that glass, it requires snooze inducing heat to be warm. And I have to take off my coat.

2. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    A distantly related solution...

I've had heated hand grips and worn a heated vest on a motorcycle. A little heat in the right places can make a world of difference. Heated steering wheel and seats is sort of related.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The changes are confirmed by the press release at Nissan axes Altima Hybrid for 2012 — Autoblog Green and Nissan and Infiniti - The 2012 Nissan Lineup: Charting the Changes.
    When I move back to CA next month, I am tempted to put myself on the order list. Too bad the CA tax credit will be axed to $2500, IIRC.

My only worries besides reliability and battery longevity (yeah yeah, I know about the warranty) are my living situation. I'll be living in a house but may need to move to an apartment in a few years and finding one that meets my other criteria and has some means of charging might be a problem/limiting.

I could lease but then I'm unsure about how bad the hit would be (and whether it's worth it) if I wanted to buy the car out, at the end of the lease vs. straight out buying. I've never leased a car in my life.