1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For all dog owners who put the dogs in the back!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sea-horsea, Sep 1, 2007.

1. jammin012

jammin012 The man behind The Man

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Re: For all dog owners who put the dogs in the back!!

For the back, go to Fry's and pick up one of their plastic carpet protectors for office chairs. Get the biggest one, about $20, lay your carpet on top qand trace it out. THen carefully cut it out with a utility knife or tin snips if you have some. Great protection and nice on the wallet.

2. sea-horsea

sea-horsea Junior Member

hi people sorry for the late reply. The carrier I got for the car is 36x24x27 LxWxH. Again its a folding cage from walmart and cost about $50 bucks. And again the cage has to be tilt side ways for you to put it in the prius with the back seats down. It works perfect for my two 30 lbs dogs. Hope this helps.

3. johnford

johnford Old Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

We have 2 40 lb. English Bulldogs and we traded our '02 for a new '08 to get the advantage of the custom Toyota Bulldog area and hatch back.
    We just put a blanket down in the back to protect the upholstery with the seats down and moved the standard issue cargo bar that holds the sun shade in the back off it's normal place to the back of the headrests. Secured them with tie wraps and it keeps the little girls in their place. So far, it all works with zero dollars spent.....jf

4. EVmodeAF

EVmodeAF Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just chiming in here with my recent idea. A queen sized mattress pad folded in half fits perfectly. Then I repurposed the Orvis back seat hammock to cover almost all the way to the trunk then they’ll enter/exit through the trunk with a ramp.

We have three dogs, one of whom is a male great pyrenees, and I refuse to get a bigger car yet.

70465398222__986DC0F6-A923-4955-BFD8-15468DCE7474.jpeg

Attached Files:

5. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If the dog is all the way in back are the cargo loops near the trunk strong enough to attach the lead from its harness? For the back seat there are the child restraint anchors on the trunk side, but that wouldn't work if the dog is behind that point.

My son and his dog are living with us. The dog has never been in our Prius, yet I have to vacuum its hair off the upholstery every couple of weeks, as the hair hitches a ride into the car on our clothes. I should probably clean the HV pack fan again too, but need to get some replacements for the clips that sit right above it. They are old and fragile and one completely disintegrated last time I took that section apart.