1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Liberal's, Lefties and Democrats ONLY!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Jun 9, 2006.

1. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 11 2006, 09:55 AM) [snapback]269472[/snapback]</div>
    Exactly. With a few exceptions (Feingold, for instance), they are all weak and complicit.

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jun 10 2006, 08:34 PM) [snapback]269392[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, I am well aware of that. That is exactly what I meant by using the term "Christian" in my comment about the OP. Based upon his countless posts on the subjects of evolution, gay relationships and other social wedge issues that proliferate FHOP, he clearly is an evangelical, born-again Christian.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 11 2006, 08:55 AM) [snapback]269472[/snapback]</div>
    As has been pointed out before Liberal isn't the same as Democrat.

And no. Even if the Democrats and Liberals had banded together they couldn't have prevented anything.

The few that tried were vilified for being TRAITORS.

See above my comments on "if you don't agree".

More like there's no difference between Republicans and Democrats. They're both corrupt. Only the corrupt Democrats seem to be working independently. The Republicans display organized corruption. Corrupt Dems are singular creatures, corrupt Reps are interwoven in a matrix of felony sleaze. But even at the height of Democratic power, and their worst excesses, the Democrats have never been organized enough or efficient enough to get within shooting range of this level of slime-i-tude. And that seems to be the criticism of the Democratic Party. It's has nothing to do with integrity. It has to do with not being organized enough to be *really* corrupt.

And it's not just on the Federal level. It's State level too.

A Republican bill extending free tuition to the spouses of Ohio soldiers killed in combat zones passed the Ohio House yesterday. Nice, huh? Except that the same bill -- when introduced by Democrats -- was defeated nine times in the past three years by the Republican-controlled House. The Republican bill which was just passed was an exact copy of the Democratic bill. And the Republicans will try to take full credit. They'll claim it was their idea. They'll say this bill is proof of how they support the troops, and Democrats don't. Because, gosh, the Democrats didn't pass such a bill.

Let's see. You've got the Democratic Senator from Louisiana. The FBI searched his offices. Surprisingly it's not the Democrats but the Republicans that were up in arms and running to his defense. I can't help but wonder why? Could it be that this sets a threatening precedent?

Randy "Duke" Cunningham
    Tom DeLay
    "Scooter" Libby
    Abramoff (Okay, not In goverment, but well connected)
    Governor George Ryan
    Governor Ernie Fletcher
    Blackwell in Ohio
    Lewis in California

What is the main difference between the Republicans and the Democrats?

The Democrats don't have a "K Street" project. That alone makes the Republicans more corrupt. Organized Corruption.

Wikipedia

Sourcewatch

Think Progress

Washington Post

The Road to Riches

Selling Washington

Welcome to the Machine.

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jun 11 2006, 10:28 AM) [snapback]269563[/snapback]</div>
    You must be relatively young. The Democratic machine in Chicago was infamous for "slimitude" (to use your colorful expression) and LBJ ran a thoroughly corrupt machine in Texas. Throughout the South it was the Democrats who lynched civil rights workers and Blacks who dared to try to vote. And it was the "liberal" Hubert Humphrey who, as LBJ's VP blocked the Mississippi freedom delegation at the 1968 Democratic National Convention, offering them something like 2 or 3 seats as a token.

No, the difference is not one of degree of sliminess. The difference is that just at present, the Republicans have been more successful in their corruption than the Democrats have. But as Bush continues to lose the war through stupidity, the tide may turn, and the Democrats will replace the Republicans at the public feeding trough.

5. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Jun 10 2006, 07:41 AM) [snapback]269157[/snapback]</div>
    (Prov 25:14 KJV) Whoso boasteth himself of a false gift is like clouds and wind without rain.

Your beliefs I don't blame on you, but your church....
    They and those who run it will be accoutable to God for hiding the real controversial truths as to not offend and lose tithers.

Churches who profess godliness, but deny the power thereof are worse than devil churches in my opninion who at least openly profess thier stance.

Not that they are doing it on purpose, but the end result is the same.

People go to church expecting to recieve life and only get death.

You will never see cancers or any other diseases fall off due to name of mohommed.... Devils only respect and succumb to the authority of the name of Jesus.

I'm sorry you have never seen the power of the name of Jesus demonstrated.

Don't give up... you need ot find a church full of the power of the Holy Spirit where the power of and effects of sin truly have no grip .... not just attend a church who tickles the intellect.

True religion is one that a 2 year old can recieve and participate in, or a 102 year old.
    If it takes "intellect" to achieve status of being "saved" etc, then your in the wrong religion.

All the churches of this world are only talking heads without the power of God in them to back up what they say.

Let the real God please stand up! and all the others sit down!!!!

Read and digest this passage on your own.. its only the tip of the iceberg...
    (2 Tim 3:1 KJV) This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
    (2 Tim 3:2 KJV) For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
    (2 Tim 3:3 KJV) Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
    (2 Tim 3:4 KJV) Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
    (2 Tim 3:5 KJV) Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
    (2 Tim 3:6 KJV) For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
    (2 Tim 3:7 KJV) Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
    (2 Tim 3:8 KJV) Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
    (2 Tim 3:9 KJV) But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
    (2 Tim 3:10 KJV) But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
    (2 Tim 3:11 KJV) Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
    (2 Tim 3:12 KJV) Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
    (2 Tim 3:13 KJV) But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

6. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Jun 11 2006, 06:17 PM) [snapback]269693[/snapback]</div>
    I have only a few responses to your post.

First, glad to see you've been reading Timothy recently. Check out Corinithians a little more next time. I could quote it at length to prove some of my points, but I try my best not to twist quotes to my liking.

Second, cancer/disease=the devil? That's so laughable that I can write no more about it.

And all the cures in the world are attributed to Jesus? Are you friggin' kidding me? Sure, you can argue that God created cures through the hands of man, but come on...

One final thought--I have seen the power of Jesus (not just his name) demonstrated. I have also seen the power of Allah, Yahweh, Buddha, Vishnu, etc.

My question to you is: If someone follows the path and teachings of Jesus, but is not part of a "church," aren't they more of a Christian than someone who calls themselves "Christian" but treats other humans like crap? Merely accepting Jesus as your savior CANNOT be the end-all, be-all of a "good person." Just curious.

7. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Jun 11 2006, 04:47 PM) [snapback]269706[/snapback]</div>
    There is no way I can convince you untill you see it yourself.
    If you ever see a devil manifest, you will never see that devil be removed by budda.... don't kid yourself and you will have to admit thats the truth.

The word disease means "Dis Ease".

Merely accepting Jesus as your saviour does not necessarily launch you into the Power of the Holy Spirit which only comes when accepting the "Baptism of the Holy Spirit".

God gives us wisdom and abilities to fight against diseases, but some diseases are more powerful than mere will power and even modern or eastern medicine and can only be overcome with "super" natural power of Jesus.

Doctors are good, they are attempting to do good... but Jesus is the Chief Physician!

Its absurb to only give Jesus credence for being "a wise man" because anyone who claimed to be the son of God is obviously crazy and a lunatic!....

Either he is the Son of God in all of the power and majesty of the Name, or he was a wacko is the only thing that makes even reasonable worldly sense,

But to say he was only a wise man and no more is a deciet to believe.

Nevertheless, I am hesitant to highjack this thread with another subject, so if you have anymore questions start a new thread and direct me to it.

I have seen devils removed, literal broken bones "compound fractures" where a rib bone was sticking outside the body totally healed instantly, limbs grow out, cancers fall off and many other miracles....
    though these miracles may dumbfound your paradygm and blow your mind, you will still not believe in you have a heart of unbelief......
    You must want to see God, or he will remain invisible just as he was when he walked the earth and did miracles among them.
    Some saw him and accepted him and some got even more vehement in thier opposition the more they saw his miracles because of the evil that worked within them.

Its ok if you don't believe.... I don't know if I would believe either without what I have seen, but I can tell you without a doubt the power is real... but its really sickening that you don't see it more often... especially in the churches.

Although some churches do operate in that power, there are 100 that don't for everyone that does.

(Mark 16:17 KJV) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

there is alot that is omitted in many churches today.... it may make them look like they don't have the whole package and are missing something if they reveal those scriptures.

Unfortunately, most do not study on thier own, they only accept what the preacher says without reading themselves.

In the book of Corinth, they were being scolded for thier lack of faith and wavering when they were supposed to be an established church.

(Heb 5:12 KJV) For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

this is the last response I will do pertaining to this subject on this thread, if you want to start a new thread.. let me know.

8. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 11 2006, 07:06 PM) [snapback]269683[/snapback]</div>
    You are right in that corruption and machine politics have been around a long time, and "slimitude" (good word!) has gone hand-in-hand with power. However, the segregationalist Southern Democrats switched parties and are the core of the present-day Republican party. Also, the present level of corruption (DeLAy, Abramoff, Enron, etc.) is something that certainly is unmatched in my lifetime, and probably is unprecedented.
    Nevertheless, the cure goes beyond wresting Congress from Republican control; we need electoral reform, public campaign financing, and cutting off lobbyists.

9. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 11 2006, 07:15 PM) [snapback]269786[/snapback]</div>
    Read some American history. Not unprecidented at all. Actually, the present corruption is business as usual, or maybe a bit on the tame side compared with the past.

10. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 12 2006, 06:17 AM) [snapback]269880[/snapback]</div>

Wow... I agree with you for a change Daniel! :lol:

I see todays crime on a much bigger scale since there is more money and people to go around today, But when you look at the scale and percentages, yes it was more prevalent in the past.....but today crime is much more obscure and covered up which according to somes definition is more dangereous.

Because of that, there is much much more out there than we really know about.

In the old days, they just did what they did and too bad if you don't like it because they had the power, Today, they do the same thing but mask it, hide it, cloak and disquise it.... which like in the Enron case, is more dangerous IMUO!

IN the old days, they just wore their guns on thier sides and advertized thier stance and position, today your friends are your closest enemies!

11. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 12 2006, 09:17 AM) [snapback]269880[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I have read American history, and I can't really see anything comparable to a company like Enron nearly bringing down the economy of the state of California. But I would agree with you that people in power have always been corrupt. I would just maintain that the infrastructures and political/socio-economic structures that exist today enable them to wield their power to a greater extent and inflict more damage on society.

12. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Jun 11 2006, 09:01 PM) [snapback]269776[/snapback]</div>
    Wow....I'm an optometrist and I've NEVER seen stuff like that, even eye stuff, that heal 'miraculously'! No eye disease I've EVER treated has healed 'miraculously'. It's usually science and logic that do the healing. You're right, this kind of stuff is a new thread. 'Devils removed'???? What the heck is going on in your life where you see devils being removed???? :)

13. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

...actually, if you do a search within the Vatican archives, there are some examples available online of these miracles... Sometimes medical situations that inexplicably did something or other... There's a whole panel/board (forgot what they're officially called, I remember searching through what amounts to the version of the Vatican legal "code") of credible folks that investigate this sort of thing, the Vatican doesn't take such matters with a grain of salt either...

The stuff available online is limited, to see the "nuts and bolts", you'd probably have to go to the Vatican archives in person, which mind you, religious or not, would be a fascinating experience...

:ph34r:

14. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 12 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]269969[/snapback]</div>
    Didn't that one movie, Emily Rose or something, touch on this kind of thing...didn't see the movie.

I know the dudes who cure cancer with their hands are frauds. They hide pieces of chicken parts out of site, 'push' their hands into the patients body, and viola!, pull out the cancer. Crazy and sad.

15. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eyeguy13 @ Jun 12 2006, 12:37 PM) [snapback]269961[/snapback]</div>
    Being an optometrist, maybe you can explain this! Last fall, I had a detached retina. No trauma- it just happended spontaneously while I was walking. I was listening to Phish on my iPod, and I wonder if that might have caused it (my wife is an opthalmologist, and she refuses to admit that there might be a cause-and-effect between the two events.) :eek:

16. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eyeguy13 @ Jun 12 2006, 01:54 PM) [snapback]270009[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmm... Not sure, I watched the movie for the 'freakiness factor'... I think you're right, something amongst those lines... They were claiming she had some sort of epilepsy or brain something or other rather than actually being possessed, but no one could really prove anything.

I'm sure a very high percentage of that stuff is BS, but there are cases out there credible, documented, and inexplicable, that as the great C&C Music Factory once sang, "Things that make you go hmmmmm"... :ph34r:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 12 2006, 01:58 PM) [snapback]270011[/snapback]</div>
    Figures.

I'll be you have at least one Weezer CD, and one Flaming Lips CD.... :ph34r: I'll bet you liked the Spin Doctors too...

17. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    HAM SANDWICHES OUTLAWED IN US
    WASHINGTON DC - In a spectacular show of religion influencing law, Republican Senators recently introduced a bill outlawing ham sandwiches, pork chops, and all swine products. "It's basic common sense," replied one representative on the basis of anonymity, "once we started winning support on laws outlawing same-sex relationships, which is clearly wrong in the eyes of God as dictated in Leviticus 18 and 20, we decided to keep the ball rolling."

Indeed, this new bill draws straight from Dueteronomy 14: 8 in which God specifies the swine as an "abominable thing" and forbids their consumption. "You can't have true God-fearing Christians adhering to only a few of God's covenants," the senator continued, "that's something the devil would have you do. If you want the complete mercy of God and the upholding of the Christian American way of life, you must ensure that the entire populous follows all the laws accordingly from both the Old and New Testament."

In a bold move, the Democrats on the hill are preparing a counter-offensive in which they will propose a bill requiring all Americans to "love thy neighbor as thyselves (James 2:8; Galatians 5:14; Romans 13:9; Leviticus 19:18; Matt 5:43; Matt 19:19; Mark 12:31; Luke 10:27)." A proposed amendment to that very bill will force all Americans to "Love one another as [God has] loved you (John 13:34)." "We have nine references supporting our bill," a Democratic Senator said, "which is three times as many as the Republicans have to support same-sex unions and ham sandwiches combined. Clearly, love for your fellow human is more powerful than restrictions on their private activities." The Democrats expect their references from the New Testament to catch the Republicans off-guard since their only references against same-sex marriages as well as pig consumption come exclusively from the Old Testament. "God gave us laws, rules and restrictions; Christ taught us respect and love for our fellow man even the sinners among us. Sure, many of us hate the sin just as Republicans do; we simply follow Christ's teachings and love the sinner."

Democrats expect an uphill battle when Republicans are expected to start naming entire demographics on the behalf of God to which their love does not extend.

18. Mystery Squid

19. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 12 2006, 04:02 PM) [snapback]270088[/snapback]</div>
    How often did he wax his beard?

20. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 12 2006, 01:02 PM) [snapback]270088[/snapback]</div>
    Squid -

Although the quote you posted has become popular for some inexplicable reason in conservative forums these days, there is no evidence of him ever having said it in any papers or publications from his time.

See:
    http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln

- Bob R.