1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Liberal's, Lefties and Democrats ONLY!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Jun 9, 2006.

1. eanda9000

eanda9000 New Member

It shouldn't matter, seperation of church and state. Too bad it does, especially since it is the religious imposing their will on others that is driving so much of this type of thinking.

I wish Ayn Rand was alive.

2. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobr1 @ Jun 12 2006, 05:08 PM) [snapback]270137[/snapback]</div>
    ...mmm, and since it happens to annoy the lefties, they'll just assume/default to "he never said it", as if every word out of his mouth while President was dutifully recorded catalogued... :rolleyes: Thing is, there are plenty of similar themed quotes you can unequivocally *prove*, and since we're on this topic, here's a similar mechanism....:

[​IMG]

3. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 12 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]270157[/snapback]</div>
    Don't put words into my mouth... I never claimed he did not say the quote, I stated that there is no evidence that he said it.

If we're going to use the alleged quote of a famous person as some form of basis for a debate (it is still unclear why you even bothered to post it in the first place), can we at least have some reasonable confidence that the person in question actually said the words?

Really, Squid, what is your point?

This whole thread started with a poll designed to insult liberals, posted by a guy who doesn't even know how to pluralize, and when you chime in with an unverifiable quote attributed to Lincoln and I point out that there is no evidence, you immediately jump to the conclusion that this is yet another flaw of "lefties".

How childish.

- Bob R.

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobr1 @ Jun 12 2006, 05:10 PM) [snapback]270169[/snapback]</div>
    Ummm. Oh, never mind. Don't want to be accused of starting a flame war with a personal attack on a political party.

But it was oh, so tempting to say. No...How ********.

5. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eyeguy13 @ Jun 12 2006, 09:37 AM) [snapback]269961[/snapback]</div>

I've asked for things that were never answered miraculously... prob because I had access to a doctor who could help just as well, but on the other hand, I've had the miraculous without expecting it.

Devils rarely manifest unless its thier last resort to intimidate or only if done so by force... thier highest power is to remain invisible and anonymous, since they really have no power at all except what they steal or upon those who are subject to curses and vulnerable to evil.

Its pretty hard to find such power demonstrated here in the states that forces them to manifest, but its here too.. but its much more common in the foreign poor countries where people are in intense need and not so fat, sassy, and comfortable.

but back to the subject...... its funny how there is still very little difference between the thoughts and attitudes of today verses those held in the civil war.

We are still in a civil war...and it seems polarized mostly between the north and the south.
    Even with our modern transportation and frequency of movements of families, the prevalant attitude still carry geographically.

6. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Jun 12 2006, 03:25 PM) [snapback]270067[/snapback]</div>
    :D
    Thankyouthankyouthankyou...I'll be keeping this forever, I think... :p

7. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobr1 @ Jun 12 2006, 06:10 PM) [snapback]270169[/snapback]</div>
    Hey Bob- enough with the reality stuff already! Everone knows reality has a liberal bias!

8. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Jun 12 2006, 03:25 PM) [snapback]270067[/snapback]</div>
    Tony- if the Republicans outlaw swine, then who will replace the lobbyists and their contributions?

9. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

Hey, I saw that Lincoln quote on the SwiftVets for "Truth" website, so it must be authentic, right? :lol:

Here is a quote that has been documented (it was in the Kansas City Star on May 7, 1918) by another Republican president, Theodore Roosevelt:

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."

10. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobr1 @ Jun 12 2006, 02:08 PM) [snapback]270137[/snapback]</div>
    I wondered about that ... Lincoln was a complex man, and trying desparately to find common ground to resolve the crisis of his day. I could imagine a quote like that in a limited context, but he was not given to those kinds of sentiments most of the time. In fact, he spoke at least once of having the onerous job of signing the death warrants for deserters every Friday. The quote doesn't quite fit (but, as I said, in limited context, I could imagine him saying it).

11. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobr1 @ Jun 12 2006, 06:10 PM) [snapback]270169[/snapback]</div>
    I think more appropriately, what's yours? Seriously... What the hell do you care about a Lincoln quote in this thread, of all threads, anyway? You just sort of jumped in, materialized from the ether, to simply point out the quote may not be authentic. Why? To educate us? Guide us somehow? What? What gave you the seemingly uncontrollable urge to point this out?

I freely admit, I post stuff up for any one of a million reasons, for fun, because it's interesting, because someone will get a kick out of it, because someone will get pissed off, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseam, some for no other reason than just for the heck of it, this is no secret. It's what makes this board really fun, IMHO anyway...

:blink:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Jun 12 2006, 11:05 PM) [snapback]270325[/snapback]</div>
    There's a similar one where he basically explores why someone would desert, and contemplates how someone effectively influencing someone to desert is just as bad... I believe that one is 100% verifiable, and right in-line with the quote in question...

12. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 12 2006, 09:33 PM) [snapback]270367[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe I'm just sick and tired of all the "treason baiting" that's been going on lately, how liberals are associated with being un-American or traitorous. Maybe I'm just extra alert to your postings in particular because you've spread lies about me personally in the past.

Well, I am using a Ethernet connection after all! Unless you have physical access to the PriusChat server, it would be difficult to post in any other way. I'll be sure to ask your permission next time I want to comment in the middle of a Fred's House of Pancakes thread, I didn't realize you decided who is a legitimate participant and who is just jumping in.

Educating or guiding a Fred's House of Pancakes thread is an unpardonable sin, I know...

Actually, YOU gave me the urge to point this out because YOU posted the quote. I had not seen it before, and it struck me as odd. I went searching for the attribution and the context because I wanted to learn more. (There's that "Educating" sin again) When I found that there is no evidence to support Lincoln ever having said this, I posted that information here. I HAVE SINNED AGAINST YOU MY LORD!

- Bob R.

13. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 12 2006, 11:33 PM) [snapback]270367[/snapback]</div>
    Calm down there, Squid. We've all had the sources of our information/quotes/opinions put to question from time to time. Daniel recently set me straight on a Karl Marx quote. No biggy; no harm. Basically, every time we make a reference the validity of our stance will either live or die by the validity of the source.

14. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobr1 @ Jun 13 2006, 01:06 AM) [snapback]270381[/snapback]</div>
    Crap, and I thought you just had a crush on me... :(

:p

15. jared2

jared2 New Member

Admit it, you think everyone has a crush on you. Actually, some may just want to crush you :p

16. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 13 2006, 08:56 AM) [snapback]270519[/snapback]</div>

Somehow, that just don't sound very neighborly! :huh: