1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For the accepting, peace loving, open minded and ethical liberals you are all supposed to be...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bigmahma, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Tyrin

Tyrin New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Jun 7 2007, 08:42 AM) [snapback]457286[/snapback]</div>
    Good point, Dar. :) Guess I'm just not as good at letting things slide.

I've seen these people in real life too. They are called sociopaths, and they only do what's "right" if it suits their own personal goals or prevents them from getting in serious trouble. The second your back is turned, they will do whatever they feel they can get away with, from murder to slander to theft, that makes them feel better.

Can I shout "sociopath" instead of troll? :lol:

2. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tyrin @ Jun 6 2007, 11:37 PM) [snapback]457118[/snapback]</div>
    Not true. I've never been offended by him/her/it.
    The old avatar? Sophomoric at best.
    The post themes? Trolling.
    The logic in the posts? MIA.
    The debating ability? Non-existent (or neocon, but that's redundant).

3. Tyrin

Tyrin New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZenCruiser @ Jun 7 2007, 10:03 PM) [snapback]457783[/snapback]</div>
    I wasn't using "offended" in the sense of taking personal offense. I don't take personal offense either, because I know he doesn't know better. But to me, trolling and the like is inherently offensive...

4. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tyrin @ Jun 7 2007, 11:06 PM) [snapback]457789[/snapback]</div>
    See, I disagree; he does know better, it's the people who are continuing to respond directly to him that may not.

I did take your meaning of the word "offended" to mean personally offensive, since I feel there's no other way to be offended. For me to be offended by someone requires a certain amount of respect for that person on my part; otherwise, what do I care what they say? By that definition, he can't offend me. I also don't find trolling offensive, inherently or not - I find it sad.

5. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey, give Big Mahma some credit for a bit of honest personal disclosure most of us aren't brave enough to do ourselves: putting up not just his self portrait as his current avatar, but a RECENT self portrait. Gutsy stuff.

MB

6. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Jun 8 2007, 01:13 AM) [snapback]457854[/snapback]</div>
    I would laugh...but that would be mean.

7. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tyrin @ Jun 7 2007, 10:52 PM) [snapback]457774[/snapback]</div>
    Do not feed the sociopaths!

8. EricGo

EricGo New Member

To answer the OP --

I am intolerant of racists
    I am intolerant of fascists
    I am intolerant of war mongers
    I am intolerant of hypocrites
    I am intolerant of ideologues
    I am intolerant of luddites
    I am intolerant of religious fanatics

So perhaps I'm not a liberal from your POV, or at least not what you thought liberals are.