1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For those wanting to install their own mudguards

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by goodsam, Mar 11, 2006.

1. goodsam

goodsam New Member

During shipping the bags with mounting hardware got seperated from the flaps. I had a 50/50 chance, but lost when I tried to put the front flaps on with the back flaps hardware. Be advised that the hardware is not the same and after I relaized my error, it was tough getting the parts switched around ( they kept falling down behind the black plastic behind the guard ). Anyway, its a good fit and not hard to do...if you do it right. Hope this helps another do-it-yourselfer down the road.

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My hardware was all switched up too, but I recall that the instructions at least vaguely described which hardware is used for which end of the car.

3. goodsam

goodsam New Member

What screwed me up was the clips the screws go into. At a glance, they pretty much looked the same, but the ones in back were shorter than the front ones. As a result, I was trying to get a clip to reach a hole that just wasn't long enough to get there. I was pretty mad about it till I started on the back and realized that the clips back there were just what I needed up front. I always read instructions in advance, but the drawings weren't detailed enough for the difference to show. Bottom line is they are on and look fine. God bless ebay.