1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ford Dumping Microsoft

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ggood, Feb 25, 2014.

1. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  2. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    replace for BB ?? i would not set my money on t hat company and now they deside to drop microsoft for BB?

3. Rupert B Puppenstein

Rupert B Puppenstein Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think it is a smart move. Although I would never own a blackberry phone, there is no doubt the technology they have may be a significant improvement over Microsoft. We have a vehicle with Sync and it has never been as convenient as it was portrayed. Any change has to be an improvement. This is blackberry's opportunity to dig themselves out of the hole they created and shine like they once did. I see them rising to that challenge.

4. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    "BlackBerry’s QNX Software Systems can be found in cars made made by Volkswagen AG’s Audi unit and BMW, according to its website. QNX and Microsoft are the main suppliers of automotive operating system software, according to researcher IHS iSuppli. BlackBerry, at the time named Research in Motion Ltd. (BB), bought QNX Software Systems for $200 million in 2010. In addition to its presence in cars, QNX technology is used to manage nuclear-power plants and by the U.S. military for unmanned aerial drones. Its customers include Cisco Systems Inc., General Electric Co. and Caterpillar Inc."

It's a hopeful sign that Blackberry didn't develop it, but can they afford to keep developing it? Doesn't the BMW system have a pretty good reputation?

5. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm happy for Blackberry, but sad that Microsoft has another venture that resembles Windows Vista.