1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ford Escape Hybrid Photos

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Wolfman, Oct 8, 2005.

1. taaustin

taaustin New Member

Thanks for the peek, Wolf

I'll be satisfied (quite so!) with my Prius for now. I'm holding out for hydrogen before I switch again.

Terry

2. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

I'd like to test drive one, just to see how similar it is to the Prius.

3. 06prius

06prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I like the Escape/Mariner but I wish that Ford would put a better navigation system in it. The really small screen and not having it be DVD based is too bad.

4. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah the NAV system is a joke. I didn't particularly want it, but was part of the hybrid computer system, which not only do I think of as a necessity, but think such systems should be a requirement on all cars, hybrid or not.

I have a Garmin 2610 GPS with a 2 gig smart card installed. It has the entire North American Continent north of the Mexico border uploaded onto it with space to spare. I expect that I'll simply use it, instead of the onboard one. Having to swap CD's on a simple trip to Colorado is stupid. Ford should have gone to the trouble of making the NAV system be supported by a Compact Flash card. No moving parts, and get everything in it.