1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ford Focus Electric spotting thread

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by cwerdna, Jan 28, 2013.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Post your sightings here. Ones at auto shows, test drive events or in your garage don't count, at least not in my book.

I FINALLY spotted one today in south San Jose. It was a dark grey one. You can see the Electric badge on the rear.

I have seen these at a few auto shows before and test one at AltCar Expo before.

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    was riding my bike yesterday afternoon, saw one parked in neighbors driveway in our home tract. Talked to him a while about it. He said, 'it's great for the city'.

He showed me the cargo area, and although he's fine with it, it is really small. It's a great looking car though, much better than Leaf and he said the handling is a lot of fun since apparently the car was designed for the European market.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I finally saw another today in south SJ. It was a lighter color (silver, IIRC) and had lots of decals on it.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    My son-in-law's got one, for a week or two. If he gets a chance will bring it over for a test drive, will post if it happens.

5. Jeff N

Jeff N The answer is 0042

Vehicle:
    2011 Chevy Volt
    I charged next to a Focus EV last week in downtown Campbell in Silicon Valley.

I've also seen a couple of C-MAX Energi cars on the road in the past week or so in the SF Bay Area.

6. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm seeing a burst of them again. Spotted a light colored one last night in south SJ. Couldn't tell if it was the same as the one I saw before.

Today, I spotted a white one and it wasn't the same as the one I saw a few days before. It wasn't plastered w/stickers along the back.

I really hope the people with money in my area will adopt more EVs and PHEVs and move away from their battering ram of death class SUVs. It's still sickening to see so many in my area (even very new looking ones), of course almost always driven solo or w/minimal cargo and passengers.

7. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Spotted a white one w/o tons of stickers on the back again. Not sure if it was the same as the one I mentioned earlier.

8. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Wow. Spotted another FFE today in south SJ. It was a silver one w/o plates yet.

Maybe Ford's finally trying harder to sell these?

9. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Spotted yet another in south SJ today. Unsure of the color... I think it was Ice Storm.

10. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Well the test drive didn't happen. My son-in-law only had the vehicle for a week or so. We did talk a bit about it. He liked the feel of the car, the interior. His take: it was a fun experience, but barely practical, the range would be the deal braker for him.

11. Arthur

Arthur Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I can't say that I've seen one in my garage, because I don't have a garage. ...but I have noticed one in my driveway, on a fairly regular basis.

So far, I've got about 400 miles on my "test drive. :)

12. Arthur

Arthur Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ...oh, and I sold my 2008 Prius, this week. Do I have to quit PriusChat, now? :-(

13. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    They seem to come and go in spurts. I saw a black one today parked on the street. I saw a white one in a parking lot the day before. I believe I might've seen that white one before.

14. Rupert B Puppenstein

Rupert B Puppenstein Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I saw one a couple weeks ago in Atlanta. I believe it was the light green color (not sure what the official name is).