1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ford hybrid sales boosted by C-Max and Fusion

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by fotomoto, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Adrian Bond

Adrian Bond New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, I know that I was obsessed about MPG when I first got my Prius, but 4 years on, I'm not too concerned unless it suddenly changes... Does that mean I have to leave the Forum? :)

I didn't read MPG numbers when my wife and I decided to buy it: it was the same size as our old Volvo Estate, better seating in the back and full of good ideas.

However I did compare it to the volvo for MPG: the Prius was nearly double! So forget advertised numbers, experience of a same driver and same journeys talk for themselves.

Anyone who expects advertised figures (especially for hybrids that appear to be less resilient/forgiving than diesels) will be in for a nasty shock.

austingreen likes this.
  2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Two posts and you joined just the other day, welcome!

In my case, I wondered how a government toady could get better numbers than I did on the first leg of our first Prius. Once I made an mph vs MPG chart, it was easy to get 52 MPG. A few tricks learned by the Prius pioneers and it has become my ordinary MPG.

Bob Wilson

3. Maroon

Maroon Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I can comment a little bit on the Prius conquest sales. Just last week I received a letter from a nearby Ford dealer offering me a guaranteed amount (more than I paid for it) for my Prius. I just bought it on 12/26! No doubt they would have steered me to a C-Max or Fusion hybrid.

4. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    You actually don't fit the conquest sales at all, the average toyota traded in for a ford hybrid is at least 7 years old. The other stat from polk is 60% of prius owners trade in for anouther toyota. That leaves only a tiny number of 6 or less year old prius traded for ford hybrids.

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    What state?

I'm finding Alabama is quite happy to 'share' our vehicle registration data with corporations willing to pay. So we get some junk mail suggesting this information has been shared out. Of course it could be the insurance companies we had applied to several years ago when we changed companies.

Bob Wilson

6. Maroon

Maroon Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Mississippi. I'm next door to you in Tupelo.