1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ford's new Lincoln MKZ HYBRID sedan will cost the SAME as the non-hybrid MKZ

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Rybold, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Re: Ford's new Lincold MKZ HYBRID sedan will cost the SAME as the non-hybrid MKZ

Volkswagen is listening....

"Volkswagen Canada president John White ...
    White also says that 2013 will bring a turbocharged 1.4L hybrid to the Jetta lineup"

Why not have the best of both worlds? You can have your turbo and you can have your hybrid too. :)

I like both ideas - make a 4 and a 6 and test them both.

Ideally, I would like a 4-cyl gas engine, no turbo, and a Tesla-size motor on board. It would be
    an "electric super charger." :)
    (that's pretty much what the Lexus GS400h and Porsche's GR3-R Hybrid do)

Toyota FT-86 or Lexus IS-F, remove engine, install 1.8L 4-cyl from Prius/Corolla, then add a Tesla motor and battery. Couple the system together with a heavy duty version of a heavily modified HSD, developed by Toyota's racing division engineers. Then call me and tell me that I'm first on the waiting list. :D

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Ford's new Lincold MKZ HYBRID sedan will cost the SAME as the non-hybrid MKZ

I'd hope if the price is significantly greater thn that of the Hybrid Fusion that Ford has learned it's lesson. I'm going way back but imo it was ridiculous in the 80's when Ford would release almost identical models of a vehicle with almost nothing but the badging changed. One as a Ford, the other as a Mercury or Lincoln.

That being said, I think if I was in the market for a mid-sized sedan hybrid, Fusion or MKZ, it would have to be pretty fantastic interior quality changes and sheet metal for me to pay a significant amount for one over the other. But if I was looking at a long term ownership, better sound deadening, and higher interior quality could sway me.