1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Forget being ICE'd, I've been Tesla'd! :)

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Pizza Driver, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just get a tow from the nearest horse. ;)

2. MikeDee

MikeDee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I'll probably never use a public charger with my Prime unless it were free. Gasoline and charging at home are much cheaper.

iPhone ? Pro

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    true, but in high school, they made us show the work that got us there.:cool:

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    range anxiety is real, both psychological and actual, under certain circumstances. however, it is not specific to bev's, but can apply to gassers, in certain situations.

currently, gassers have two advantages: psychological anxiety is reduced by historical comfort.
    actual anxiety is reduced by a multitude of gas stations.

eventually, bev's will equal or exceed those.

and i agree, most bev owners probably do not have range anxiety, it is definitely self selection.

Trollbait likes this.
  5. My first EV

My first EV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Base
    I totally agreed! If you have money to buy a Tesla you should install a charger at home, instead of hogging public free charging stations, like it’s happening here in my city☹️

6. dbstoo

dbstoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    I've only used a public charging station once in the year that I've owned my car. It was newly installed at a shopping center a mile from my house and I was curious about the experience. It was free, BTW, sponsored by one of the stores there.

It never occurred to me that I might have been denying a BEV needed juice to get home. Maybe that's because we have a lot of high tech workers who commute to Silicon Valley in their Leafs and Teslas, and recharge at the end of the day at any of the free chargers sprinkled around town. My neighbor told me he leases his Leaf for $300 a month, then gets a $3000 a year state subsidy. He charges it at the supermarket daily (free) and he only charges at home once or twice a month. His whole commute is basically free.

In the future I'll try to be more aware of the fact that others may have an actual need for that charge point.

Dan

schja01 and triggerhappy007 like this.
  7. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We have two charging stations at our local Walmart (not free) but are rarely used. The sign says, "Green vehicles only" and I saw an old Ford F-150 pickup, that was green, parked there....well, he's not wrong!!! (I should've gotten a picture of it.)
    Funny how this administration claims to be for "clean energy" yet there are ZERO charging ports on the military bases I've been to.

schja01 likes this.
  8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the military is so old fashioned, someone needs to bring it to their attention. what could be more important? the post office is already going electric

9. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    :ROFLMAO:

10. Pdog808

Pdog808 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I usually wake up early to get to the 20 free chargers in my area. As noted earlier, most full BEV owners will easily hog up the chargers all day if it is convenient for them.

I spend my 2 hours charging either jogging, shopping or working remotely answering email.